ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High Oil Pressure

ok ppl,

ive just changed my oil, and changed the filter too, what a mission !! even harder that my old clio ! same bloody car

anyway, the oil pressure is still really high IMO. it starts off about 4ish, if i rev up it moves right up to 5 1/2 - 6. when warm it drops to about 1, but still can quite easily make 4 1/2 - 5

any idea y ? anything else that can be changed to improve ?

cheers

nope thats normal mate dont worry about itwhen engine is stone cold the pressure should read between 4.5-6 and you should never rev it hard when it cold. when fully warmed up it will drop to about 0-1 on idle

wongy

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Yep sounds ok to me.

My Williams reads 5 when cold and 0-0.5 on warm idle and 2-3 on warm running.

Paul

oh, well fair enuff then, just thought that there was a thread ages ago about it should being lower, and my old valver, was way lower in all respects. surprising the difference between cars i suppose

defo dont recon its right, when its wearm and i accelerate quite hard, it goes right up to 5, my other one barely touches 4, any ideas on how to reduce the pressure ? new pipes, pump, cooler ??

well car car on warm up goes between 0-1 on idle

on severe caining it the oil presure matches the revs minus i bar

so if i have it floored at say 6 k in 5th the oil pressure will be about 4-5 bar

dont look into it too much as long as the car runs fine it should be ok, each car are different plus the sensors could be a little out

wongy