ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Pressure Fault

Mk3 clio
My 1.2 Mk3 clio has thrown up the oil pressure fault. I've changed the pressure switch which hasn't solved the problem unfortunately, I'm going to change the oil filter in case that's clogged but is there anything else it could be apart from the oil pump?

I was planning on selling the car so I'm really hoping it's not the oil pump. If it is does anyone know how handy this is to change or have a ballpark of how much I could be charged for that kind of job. Slightly reluctant to dive that far into the car myself

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If the oil pump has failed and you ran the engine then it's fucked.

Pull the filter and check for metal contamination, you'll need to cut open the can and inspect the filter element.

Mk3 clio
If the oil pump has gone, the engine would be knocking it's tits off by now.

Does it still run?
Yeah she still runs, I haven't really driven her since changing the oil pressure switch hasn't fixed her. Engine doesn't sound any different to what it did before though and the diagnostics check we ran didn't throw anything at us either

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You could get lucky and just have damaged wiring to the oil pressure switch, or a faulty replacement part.

Worth inspecting the oil filter tho, figure out if it's still alive first.

Mk3 clio
You could get lucky and just have damaged wiring to the oil pressure switch, or a faulty replacement part.

Worth inspecting the oil filter tho, figure out if it's still alive first.
I'm hoping to get a look at it some point this week, maybe find someone with pressure gauge so I can get a definite answer

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I'm hoping to get a look at it some point this week, maybe find someone with pressure gauge so I can get a definite answer

Check the filter first, easy enough to do and you'll know if the engine has eaten itself already or not.