ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

high pitch whistle 30-40?

Hi ,

has anyone had a whistle between certain speeds, its coming from my driverside and I thought it was a bearing. I took it into the garage and they said the bearings are fine and can't find what it is. Any ideas?

Cheers

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Driver's side door mirror.

LHD Clios have external temp sensor there, but on RHD cars, they just have a hole which whistles.

Renault FTW.

Tape it up.

BG PH1 Megane 225
As Dunn said, there is a hole under the door mirror which makes a whistle/howl...my car does it too but when I'm going 70mph+ :eek: or when it's really windy out!

the tape hasn't solved it, but now you have said it it sounds like a wind whistle. I am going to cover the mirror in a bag and check again.

cling film over the whole thing sorted it so I just need to find where its coming from. Thanks for the help.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Almost as annoying as the windscreen wipers being on the wrong way round. Lazy French b*****ds.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
mine has a sensor in both mirrors :S

mine whistles through the gap where it pivots! Lol