ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High revving won't idle below 2.5k

Ph1 172 & Audi S4
Hi

Wondering if anyone can give me some pointers?

Finally got my car back together and started it up this evening and it won't idle at less than 2.5k. I've had the inlet manifold off and this I the first time I've started it since I refitted it!
Check all hoses and sensors and everything seems to be ok! Disconnected the idle control valve and that made no difference! Drove it round the block and it's hunting all over the place! When letting the clutch out at junctions the revs do drop to almost stalling the car but then shoot straight back up again!

Any ideas?

Ta
Ade

Lotus Elise
Is it bolted down correctly? not court on anything or something trapped between the plenum and manifold.

Ph1 172 & Audi S4
Is it bolted down correctly? not court on anything or something trapped between the plenum and manifold.

Been over it double checking it was bolted down correctly and it seems all ok! Gonna take it back off tomorrow and re fit to see if I've missed something!

What's the torque settings for the inlet manifold?