ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalling 172

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Just after a few points here to check.

Car is doing a charity run which it did last year but unfortunately the belt snapped and bent a few valves so I have replaced the head and belts etc.

Car runs and starts ok but after a about one min it becomes very lumpy 99% on idle and stalls and has a miss fire through the rev range if you try and rev it to stop it stalling. However after fiddling with the carbon canister breather it ran perfectly for 5 to 10 mins which is fine until I turned it off to cool it down and test again so mechanically I'm happy that's it not compression etc etc but since restarting it went back to stalling and running lumpy after a min.

Just after some pointers really, only the head was off so it can't be earth strap on the gear box etc. It has no exhaust after the manifold but it never had that before and ran ok.

Cheers for any help.