ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High speed CCTV video capture card

2014 Focus Titanium
Hello,

I need to get hold of a high speed CCTV capture card for my PC. The one I have is a 4 channel USB one but only does 25fps, I need nearer 400-500 if poss, but I will try anything as long as its faster than 25fps! Can anyone help?

Cheers

Alan

ph2 172
I don't think you'll find one,

I believe CCTV cards that are described as say 200fps are because they can do 8 channels at 25fps each, but still 25fps max per channel.

The cheapest way of getting high speed video I know of is using the casio EX-f1 camera, up to 1200fps but that's over £500. I believe casio are releasing a cut down version soon that will be a little cheaper.

2014 Focus Titanium
Yes I have seen that camera, it looks an absolute beast I must admit.

What about a camcorder? Can u get 500fps camcorders? That would do the trick! Budget is around £200-250 max

ph2 172
there really isn't much else. Camcorders work at 25fps to be compatible with our TV format (PAL), or 30fps for the US format (NTSC) . The Casio EX-F1 represents a very big step forward in affordability of high speed video. Before it came out you'd be looking at thousands if not tens of thousands for a 500fps capable camera. There are still lots of companies hiring out these cameras for hundreds of pounds per day.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Dare I ask what you need 500fps for ??

I remember watching the making of the Matrix and they used a series of cameras that added up to something like 2000fps to be able to slow down the movements and still have it look smooth. Have you got a Wachowski budget?

2014 Focus Titanium
Well its for golf swing video analysis. The Casio would be perfect but its double my budget :(

A golf club moves at 100-120mph and i know from golf photography that you need at least 500fps to see the club clearly, especially at lower resolutions! 1000fps+ is ideal.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Well its for golf swing video analysis. The Casio would be perfect but its double my budget :(

A golf club moves at 100-120mph and i know from golf photography that you need at least 500fps to see the club clearly, especially at lower resolutions! 1000fps+ is ideal.

lol That's as good a reason as any I suppose.

Good luck! Post up the results too.