ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High Speed/Slow mo Camera's

I Dont know if its the right section but i think its the best place for it.
Does any one have any experience's with these things? i have done a small amount of research, there are some half decent Sony camcorder's that will do 600fps for 3 seconds which seems to be about the start of it all.
Prices? owner ship? software?
all help needed really.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Working in one of their offices right now. ;)

Yeah, they can do 3 seconds worth then convert that to 12 seconds worth. Consumer based stuff has its limitations but could just look at editing software which can adjust your framerate instead?

You might want to also steer clear of the HDD based ones as they stop the HDD from recording in situations due to excess vibrations.

Last edited:
  1.2 Dynamique billabong
could you not use something like a 7d on 60fps then slow it down using adobe after effects

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x2RT4b-JPGQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x2RT4b-JPGQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

1.2 Dynamique billabong
its been heavily compressed that you vid, have a look at the 7d video test thread i have just put up, i have done a slow mo effect on there

ValverInBits
I was interested in getting a 1500FPS camera after watching you tube vids, but they are so expensive the websites won't tell you the price. I'm told around £1K

Any one know where to rent something around 600+FPS?

I was interested in getting a 1500FPS camera after watching you tube vids, but they are so expensive the websites won't tell you the price. I'm told around £1K

Any one know where to rent something around 600+FPS?

your kidding? i found a sony one which did 3 seconds of 600fps for a grand, expect to pay tens of thousands for a continual 1500fps one :S

ValverInBits
slow mo clips are just so so impressive.

[YOUTUBE]wL_6dDCCHlg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]90VyvOhPmA0[/YOUTUBE]

Looking at the 'insurance requirements' from the rental companies, these cameras start around £25k