ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High tickover/idol

Clio 172 2000
Hey everyone. My throttle cable broke a few weeks ago, the AA man was able to 'bodge' it for me to get home, which made the tickover high (2000rpm). I've since had a new cable fitted, but the idol is still high at 2000rpm. If I give the throttle a quick blip it goes down to normal, but if for example I stop at a junction, the revs only drop to 2000, unless I blip it again. Any ideas? I've been told idol control valve maybe? If so, ant ideas how much they cost? Cheers.:)

LY 182
possibilty is the idle control valve is very dirty/gummed up, and where he's bodged it to run a 2k at idle.. its wound itself right in and got stuck in the dirt.
so cleaning it could sort that

more likely possibilty is the new cables wrongly adjusted

Clio 172 2000
possibilty is the idle control valve is very dirty/gummed up, and where he's bodged it to run a 2k at idle.. its wound itself right in and got stuck in the dirt.
so cleaning it could sort that

more likely possibilty is the new cables wrongly adjusted
Cheers bud. By the way, how the f##k did you get 182bhp from a 1.2!?:eek: