ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Highest mileage 172 on original clutch/gearbox?

Monaco 172 (02)
For some reason I always assumed 60/70K was about the norm.
Bought on 60K, now in 70K so was expecting to have to shell out soon but hope thats not the case.

im on 70 at the min and i abuse my clutch, (drive it how the cups should be driven:)) My thrust bearings about to explode but loooooo

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My dci has the same box as the 172 and I'm on 112k original box and clutch remapped to 175 lbs of tourque too

172 phII
100 000 miles yesterday :D

Ive changed the engine, clutch, rebuild the gearbox but I drive it like I stole it (drag racing, track days, slalom) :D

172 ph1
I believe so, as I'm the 2nd owner, and gearbox and clutch were not among the list of things that the first owner said he'd changed.

I must say that it's getting rather hard though, even for a Clio Sport clutch

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
£800 plus fitting for a recon 'box from Renault.

My clutch lasted until 95k and was working just fine before the springs went.

Gearbox made it to 112k before a wayward cone gave it a whack and it ate itself internally.

53 Clio's & counting
iv got a spare box waiting just in case lol, though still feels great ( thats asking for trouble saying tht lol )