ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highspeed noises

I have noticed that when flat out, my passengers keep telling me about a noise they hear - it sounds to me like the tyres hitting transverse ridges on the road. It only seems noticeable between 130-140. I dont see how the dealer can help me with this. Any clues?

Clio v6

I also get a noise but its at about 150-155. My dealer just laughed at me

They think my noise might be just the wind going through the aerial. I might try one of those wee stubby jobbies and see if that cures it.

Dont get me wrong, I dont really want to cruise at that speed - although @ 120-130 the car seems very happy - its just that I wonder what the noise is...

Could it have anything to do with the AVO springs and the reduced ride height?

Ok, OK! - lets forget the highspeed noises then.

I also am getting problems with the tyres rubbing against the liners during very hard cornering. I only noticed this when I had to swap some wheels around but have thought that this was happening during the previous track day @ Bedford.

I take it that standard 172mk2 owners *never* have this problem?

Arjun

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

I did.

The rear one on the passenger side was rubbing and my car is boggo... Apartently the rear sh1t guard had dropped down a tad and needed fixing up again, but it is doning it again so back to Renault.

CB

I remembered a previous post you had made about this and when I looked at the liner it looked ok. Was it a glaring misfit or a subtle one?