ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hill Power Inlet Elbow

is there any reason why they have a slight tube sticking out on the back of them just after then 90 degree bend ?

i have been offered a standard samco 90 degree bend for £16 and wondered if there was any differece ?

if there is not then there is massive potential here for a group buy ?

i do believe its the breather pipe , not for the brakes though , summert i recall for the oil breather pipe ,

Clio 172mk2
yer its fro the oil breather pipe , u can get a normal 90degree bend to fit instead thats cheaper then add a oil brether filter to that pipe , only down side is u might get a whif of oil now n then

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You could just make a hole in the 90 degree bend , get a 16mm samco hose and put a small piece of tube in to connect to the bend like i did .

KN5aSmall.jpg

M3,ST250,Caddy,CBR10
You could just make a hole in the 90 degree bend , get a 16mm samco hose and put a small piece of tube in to connect to the bend like i did .
Where did you get that awesome bit of metal?! Or did you make it?!

KN5aSmall.jpg

If your after silicon hoses we can provide js performance hoses both 90° hoses and 172\182 induction hoses at a reduced rates for Clio sport members pm me for quotes

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
@MRBILLYUK how did you find that setup with the breather pipe, did it stay in ok or keep popping off? I'm looking for a solution for a 45 degree bend as I can't find a 45 degree bend that comes with a breather pipe connection too.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
@MRBILLYUK how did you find that setup with the breather pipe, did it stay in ok or keep popping off? I'm looking for a solution for a 45 degree bend as I can't find a 45 degree bend that comes with a breather pipe connection too.

You'll need a 90* 16mm bend as well as the 16mm straight hose . I joined them together plastic tubing and a couple of small blobs of clear silicone sealent , let them set and job was a good un

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
My only concern would be if that plastic tubing came loose and went into the engine. I'm thinking if I just drill a hole the same size of the outside diameter of the standard breather pipe, then push it in, no fixings (to avoid anything coming loose and going into engine) that would be ok, but then it may pop off as the engine moves?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My only concern would be if that plastic tubing came loose and went into the engine. I'm thinking if I just drill a hole the same size of the outside diameter of the standard breather pipe, then push it in, no fixings (to avoid anything coming loose and going into engine) that would be ok, but then it may pop off as the engine moves?
The plastic tubing was tight inside the silicone hose , there's no way it would come out , plus it had the added silicone sealant to hold it all in place