ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hill Power

Clio Phase II 16V

Does anybody know how much itll cost for Hill Power to change the cam belt on my valver.

Ive tried to do it twice any failed.

Tony

id like to know this also, im only @ 57k , but want to plan ahead ready for the 72k mile service.. im thinking of getting maybe the uprated mounts, and clutch done at the same time...

thats if the wheel bearings hold up until then, cant think of what else would need doing?!

Trophy

Hillpower charges about £200 + VAT to change the cambelt on a 16v clio!

Jamie,

Dont forget the service interval for a cambelt change is 72,000 miles OR 6 years! Better to be safe than sorry.

Mat.

Matt,

Thanks for the advise, but the cambelt was done at 37K anyway :) as this is what was advised in the haynes manual. Agreed, better to be safe then sorry.

hmm... £200 is not too sad, i wounder what a clutch change will be ontop :)

£720 for cambelt and clutch! :confused: i thinks i may wait until the clutch gives up life then... i do alot of motorway driving so cant see it being abused...

Sure thats not a typo Outka5t? as i take it the lump will already be out when the cambelt is changed?! surely its a case of just slippering her in then lining her up....

Clio Phase II 16V

Well on Sat i was trying to do the cam belt and i couldnt get the fly wheel off regardless of the amount of force i put onto the bolt! and as for the 4th torx bolt on the upper am belt housing that was hidden behind the fuel hoses.

god damm it, I spend 2 weekends trying to do the belt and was having no luck.

Thanks for posting.

Tony