ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit a brick and oil pissing out!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Why would their only option be to strip and repair the current engine? If the OP could source a 2nd hand engine the insurance would pay for that.
I see it all the time on here when somebody has a belt failure. " Just source a 2nd hand engine and fit that".
You have a lot more rights than people think when you make an insurance claim. Granted for a car 16+ years old the insurance company's first port of call is to write the car off. But you can insist that it's repaired.
Look at my car. I'd say it was worth £5k, 105k miles, one owner from new with every bit of service history since new. Yet they're still paying £3k to repair it. Some might say it's not economical to repair. But I want my car repaired so it's going to be repaired. I've already had a courtesy car for 1 month which has probably cost the insurance company £3k before we even start talking about the cost of the repair.
I think that's part of the stance most insurers 'hope' that the general public will take. Do you want a lump sum to use towards your brand new or slightly used 2nd hand car - or try and recover your 16+ years old, damaged car?

They really will hope that the owners will cave and just accept the pay out - it's easier for all concerned (in their eyes). People like us however, are a right pain in the arse to deal with!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I think that's part of the stance most insurers 'hope' that the general public will take. Do you want a lump sum to use towards your brand new or slightly used 2nd hand car - or try and recover your 16+ years old, damaged car?

They really will hope that the owners will cave and just accept the pay out - it's easier for all concerned (in their eyes). People like us however, are a right pain in the arse to deal with!
You're right. The majority of Joe Public will just settle for a payment and be done with it. And they probably don't know their rights.
The body shop my cars at ( the same as last year if you remember) is s**t hot on knowing what can and can't be done. He wouldn't budge an inch when the engineers report came back and they tried to reduce how much can be spent. They gave in to him. 😊
He even told me not to pay my excess, (even though I could claim it back) because it was a none fault claim and I had a letter from LV with the old Lady admitting full liability. When I phoned my insurance, Hastings, and told them this they waived my excess 😊
A pic he sent me today. All the parts have arrived from France. New front bumper, bonnet and offside headlight 😊
He's sent my alloys off for a refurb. They should be back today sometime. 🤞
IMG-20220503-WA0002.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
A shame he couldn't wangle a nearside headlight at the same time! ;)
The nearside headlights almost new 😜
The alloy wheels came back yesterday. They look amazing. Better than new. Inside the wheels looks as good as the outside 😊 He sent them to a place in Bolton.
They've had a couple of coats of CarPro cquartz uk 3.0 today.

Clio sport 182 RB
Sorry not been on here. They guy I’ve taken the car to has only just had time to fit me in. He’s had a look inside and can’t see any damage. I’m currently trying to find a sump?!! If there’s anyone on here that has one let me know!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry not been on here. They guy I’ve taken the car to has only just had time to fit me in. He’s had a look inside and can’t see any damage. I’m currently trying to find a sump?!! If there’s anyone on here that has one let me know!

Not cheap, but these guys apparently have a new one.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport 182 RB
Does anyone have a code for this radio please?

Attachments

• 5ca40750-9d9c-437d-ab2a-d6ddd56f5f4a.jpeg
    5ca40750-9d9c-437d-ab2a-d6ddd56f5f4a.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 31