ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit a cat

This is worse......

I was once sat outside my mates house in his mini whilst he had nipped in for something, all of a sudden the next door neighbors dog came flying out of the driveway looking over its shoulder (do dogs have shoulders?) at its owner who was following and run straight into the door of the car. Stoved the door in and smashed the window cause it was wound down.

Little t*at thought it was funny till it cut its paw on the glass.

Whoever said animals can cause damage whilst travelling at speeds was right.

I hit a fox once in my 19 16v, just ran out from a hedge in front of me i swerved in the opposite direction it was running to avoid it but it decided to turn round and run back so i couldnt avoid hitting it, would have been better to have kept going in a straight line and just slowed down as much as i could, i cried when i went back and it had broken its pelvis and was dragging itself along, had to finish the job or it would only have died slowly in the wild. :(

No-one can beat my mate for comic value run-ins with animals! One time he was driving home and this cat runs out in front of him while hes doing about 40. He swerved to avoid but the damn thing ran in the same direction and he went over it. Not nice in itself but once he stopped and reversed up to the scene he found a small girl bawling her eyes out after having watched her pet getting minced! Her parents were ok about but talk about a pisser. Other time hes driving to his parents house and spots a car parked on the verge with a car coming the other way. He couldnt slow down in time or move over so he goes for the gap at which point he feels a loud bump and the car lurchs. He stops and goes back and realised that the parked car had stopped to help an injured deer...the deer which hed just run over! Its an experience being in the car with him - noone, repeat NOONE can drive a car like him...

Ive had no luck with animals.

Hit a badger - that took out my front bumper, sump and bent the centre exhaust section, and still survived.

Hit a rabbit, which got stuck in the inner arch, had to poke it out with a stick.

Hit a deer, which took out my front arch and bumper. But somehow the dear did a 540 spin into a bush, then jumped up and carried on as it were.

Hit a pigeon on motorway which created a cloud of feathers. Obviously died.

Hit a seagul in Newquay, cracked my windscreen. that was messy.

Living in the country ive hit numerous rabbits, and pigeons, fortuantly no damage as of yet.

Scared the sh*t outa me one night comming back along a nice windy B road from my mates, its the sort of windy road that you can do 60+ through the corners safley and 80+ on the straights come round the corner and there is this massive stag just stood in my side of the road staring at me, swerved onot the other side of the road and wernt on my way...very shaken

I hit Rabbit - took out a fog light at 40mph.

A Pheasant, which took out my rad grill and splattered blood all over the front of my car - very death race 2000 looking...

A Pigeon removed my door mirror at 70mph - very cleanly I thought.

A cow - actually I was stationary and the cow ran into me.

And once I did a Richard Burns and tried to get air on a hump back bridge to find the hunt on the other side - OMFG:eek: - Beagles everywhere!

F

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.

my sister almost got a crane through her windscreen in her old micra sed she sh*t herself cos she thot it was one of them flying dinosaurs. lol

I aint hit any animals *_*

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 16 November 2004
My mate hit a Stag on the A22.

Did he still get to the wedding?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by disco on 15 November 2004

I saw on the forum a while back a guy asking if hitting a cat, rabbit or some sort of small animal could have caused any damage to his car.

I think the general consensus was that no way would a small animal cause any damage to a car. This was my view as well untill........

My mate called me up the other day to say he hit a cat at about 60mph in his VW beetle (new style) and it had cracked his raidator. He has scince had the damage assessed and it is going to cost £1600 to get it fixed it has F**ked his car up!

So the moral of the story is avoid cute fluffy animals at all costs!!!
Im glad he hit it, I really hate cats (shame about the damage though, was thr cat worse off?)

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

This is sort of reminding me about people who were testing bullet trains to make sure they could withstand hitting a bird at speed.

They bought a piece of equipment which basically shot a supermarket chicken at the target to simulate the real thing. In essense a cannon

After a few days of testing the team couldnt figure out why the windscreen on the train wasnt standing up to the test...in fact the chickens were going right through the windscreen and burying themselves in the bulkhead behind the pilot.

They consulted with the cannon people about the operation of the cannon and it seemed they were doing it correctly...so the cannon people sent out a technician who discovered....

The testers werent defrosting the chickens first:p

"Was the cat worse off?" well.... My mate said it flew 200 yards like a football hit by roberto carlos and no it didnt land on its feet. The poor little sh*ts 9 lives expired instantly!!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by viceroy on 17 November 2004

This is sort of reminding me about people who were testing bullet trains to make sure they could withstand hitting a bird at speed.

They bought a piece of equipment which basically shot a supermarket chicken at the target to simulate the real thing. In essense a cannon

After a few days of testing the team couldnt figure out why the windscreen on the train wasnt standing up to the test...in fact the chickens were going right through the windscreen and burying themselves in the bulkhead behind the pilot.

They consulted with the cannon people about the operation of the cannon and it seemed they were doing it correctly...so the cannon people sent out a technician who discovered....

The testers werent defrosting the chickens first:p

lmao, if thats true thats quality.

R26

lol sargeantini at it again, telling people off. :

"all deserve to pay for killing animals f**kin slow down and f**kin open your eyes"

Are we supposed to assume that all animals are killed due to people driving with their eyes shut? I didnt realise that, makes sense I suppose :/

:p

Dirty E91

I tw*tted a pheasant yesterday! Made an almighty thud!

I was actually trying to go round it but the stupid bird tried to fly off, straight into me! Left a nice smudge mark on my bonnet and a wad of feathers in my grill!

Heh ho!

R26

THE CROW ROAD

A While back I was driving out of my road when a crow flew down and landed in front of my car. Against most peoples judgement I actually stopped so the crow could fly off so I didnt bang him. Anyway, I stopped for a few seconds then the little birdie flew straight up and off. So, I accelerate thinking that the little crow has gone. Anyway, I must of moved about 1/2 a meter when out of the left of my peripheral vision I saw a black blur going downwards past the left front window and then almost instantly a bump. Oh no I thought, I kept going and looked back through my rear view mirror. There to my utter disbelief was the crow - its whole body flat to te ground (and I mean flat) with its wings still flapping against the road. (not nice) I felt pretty sick but not as bad as the poor crow . Still dont know why he did it.:(

you actually hit one of those big crows that hang about by the side of the road? the always bugger off when you think youre gunna hit one, brave buggers

black golf v6 4 motion

ive hit a fox in a bus on the brow of a hill it flew down the hill and into a field dont know where in the field though, just slight damage to the bus, only doing about 15-20 mph