ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hiya , got my first car

Hi there,

My name is jonny king and i just got my first car, its a 2000 Clio 1.4 SI in black

Planning to lower, tint, alloy, ICE, it up a little bit

What do you lot think to these cars ? We havent got much experience with them

Cheers

Jonny

Octavia VRS

hey and welcome to the mad house!

sounds like your mods will be subtle and nice. Ive got a 00 V plate 1.4 RT Alize (same engine as yours, think yours just has alloys over mine).

The car is a nice motor, you get the odd rattles (Reno quality as everyone knows on here!), engine is not too bad for what it is - quicker than a 1.2 16V!!!! That will cause some reaction!!

Kenny

Cheers guys,

I dont want to go over the top on the car cause its only gonna be about for a year till i can go on my dads garage insurance and have a faster car

Subtle is the key on this one

Octavia VRS

subtle is good, i was gonna do some subtle stuff to mine but decided just to save up for a faster car.

EvilJohn has a 1.4 S and he has done some nice stuff so maybe give him a pm?

Welcome! Not bad for a first car, better than what I had (1.1 R-reg Punto - loved it :)).

Glad to hear youre keeping it subtle - all Id do would be colour-code all the plastic trim, lower it 40-50mm, alloys and ICE (if thats your thing).

^^^ I can vouch for the speed of EvilJohns 1.4 :devilish: - not a slow car/driver.

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by AGMitch on 25 September 2004

^^^ I can vouch for the speed of EvilJohns 1.4 - not a slow car/driver.

Ill have to see that on the road to Crail next sun!

Oops better stay on topic!!

Cheers lads,

1st question - I want to put 17s on and lower it but what spec wheel/tyre do i need and how much can i lower it by without ANY arch work ???

Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny-SI on 25 September 2004

Cheers lads,

1st question - I want to put 17s on and lower it but what spec wheel/tyre do i need and how much can i lower it by without ANY arch work ???

Cheers

Do a quick search mate, loads of topics on alloys, tyre sizes etc.

Please dont hurt me but i cant find anything about offsets and lowering amounts etc ???

I know 17", 4x100, 60.1 bore, but what offet do i need and how much can i lower by on just springs

Thanks

Jonny

Thanks mate, are there any photos on here of a car with that setup so i can see ?

I want to keep the handeling of the car too so would 60mm drop spoil it ?