ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hmmmm confused

W

Willy

If the airbag in the seat went off then the pretensioner will have been deployed aswell.

the pretensioner is like a lil can of gas and on impact explodes and locks you in place, you will need a new one. not sure about fitting them though and if it will fit. There usually pretty expsensive. Reno will charge you LOADS so def get one from ebay or breakers yard

BMW 330D
Take your battery off your car before you even attempt to fit them mate!.
Leave it at least half an hour before fitting them as well!.
You will need your airbag computer resetting aswell!

^^ as above leave the car for at least 20mins before fitting the pre-tensioner as it allows for the capacitors to discharge removing the risk of the thing going off when you plug it in.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
So youre replacing the airbag in the seat and stitching it back up?!? Wouldn't it be easier to replace the seat? As for the seatbelt pretensioner you need to take the plastic cover off and theres a big bolt holding it on, undo that and just unplug the wire, its simple

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
you don't buy the pre-tensioner you buy the seat belt clip as a whole item.
the pretensioner just bolts to the floor using a large torq. it will have the switch attached.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
you don't buy the pre-tensioner you buy the seat belt clip as a whole item.
the pretensioner just bolts to the floor using a large torq. it will have the switch attached.
The pretensioner's bolted to the seat subframe.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
right i have come to the decition to just replace the whole seat and i will get it reset too

do i need a new pretentioner or not?
new seat belt clip?

james

W

Willy

right i have come to the decition to just replace the whole seat and i will get it reset too

do i need a new pretentioner or not?
new seat belt clip?

james

What you need mate is new seats and pretensioners, usually when you buy new seats they will come with them already. Your existing seat belts will fit, they should aslong as its like for like. sorted. then you need a new airbag ecu from renault what is costly, cheapest i found is £150 whats not bad considering some dealers wanted over £350.

I may have a set of 2 dynamique seats with pretensioners from a 2003 clio. although might not be available for awhile :rasp:

Yozza'd Titanium 182
cheers fella i only need the one seat though and i need it a.s.a.p

i don't think i will be paying to reset the airbag its too much money

Ph1 track 172
you understand that not resetting your airbag computer will render your airbags useless,

also, do your seats have side airbags??

Ph1 track 172
oooh,

sorry, i mis understood, i thought the dash airbag had gone,

well if your not planning on replacing the airbag computer,
y not just stitch up the seat until money looks up?

Megane dci 130
The airbag light will be on constantly too as theres a peminant fault with the computer once an air bag is deployed.