ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hmmmmm. Kompressor RS.........

Hi Ben

1: a ford ecu

yes - a generic family of ecu fitted to virtually the entire ford range from the mid 80s up to late 90s

2: ability to control an entire engine from fuelling to ignition.

Absolutely, and more

3: can it handle forced indution?

Yes, with mods and a pressure sensor

4: most famous use (i.e modle of car)

as said, all ford cars apart from cossies - the development work by cosworth demanded an ecu cosworth were familiar with

5:anything else interesting.....is it difficult to program? do you make your own software?

this is the fun part, yes, you would need your own programming softwarea lthough some commercial packages are available. If you have a good knowledge of microcontrollers and electronics the unit can be made fully programmable - I have all the details, the pdf file on my site will explan most of it, I also have some software simulators, dissasemblers, readers etc, for this ecu.

Joe

Lionel Richie

Water cooled computer??? Supercharged 172??? Captin, youve offically gone mad!!!!! I like it!!!!! Roll on the NOS as well!!!!!

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Joe,

Could I have that 4mb file you was on about?

Im interested in all this stuff too.

paul@infinicar.com

Regards

paul

BMW 320d Sport

Joe - that makes sense to me. The weird thing is that you would expect an ignition r****d unit to work in series with the ig module - in other words intercepting the signal, modifying it, and then outputting to the coil. Before I got the thing I thought this must be the case - because its settings are degrees per thousand rpm. So as the rpm rises so does the amount of r****d. This suggested to me that it was a simple fixed delay circuit, the amount of delay adjusted by the knob on the front. This would explain why you couldnt dial in say 4 degrees r****d and retain this 4 degrees across the whole range.

But the diagram clearly shows that the two connections from the unit actually just hook up directly onto the coil + and - terminals, and all other connections stay put, no cutting of control lines etc. Weird eh?

I still cant see how the unit can affect the timing when its not actually in the way of the signal!

Captain

Would a Dastek Unichip be suitable for your uses? re: ECU adjustments to take into account fitment of Supercharger.

i find this sort of thing very interesting, although im way behind a few of you

Captin,

i would appreciate that file also

henry.easterbrook@currieb.co.uk

should keep me quiet tomorrow

thanks very much

nick, why would you want 4 deg all across the rev range?

surely this will loose you power at the top, and still keep the risk of detonation high at low rpm. Surely you would want the amount of r****d to reduce as revs increase....what do you run as standard...without N20?

nick, why would you want 4 deg all across the rev range?

surely this will loose you power at the top, and still keep the risk of detonation high at low rpm. Surely you would want the amount of r****d to reduce as revs increase....what do you run as standard...without N20?

For lowering compression you could also try and get your hands on a thicker head gasket as fitted to the clio cup race cars. This could be worth while anyways.

If you decide to go for a clutch for the charger, i think BenR will back me up on this one, try and get a centrifugal one from a Comer S-60 or 80 engine. Its small (bout 3in diameter) and spins out very quick, theyre fitted to the smaller race karts so have to be quite light and strong. They also last really well, i dont recall one ever giving up on me in 6 years in cadet class.

Im trying for a placement for my engineering degree in a supercharger company next summer, my mind is made up!

ncie one emicen.

What clas did you race in. I started on the 80cc comers....and ended up in the 250cc Fe karts....amazin!

anyway, the clutch thing was just a thought, but since its not a big blower, capt is right in not needing to use it. But it would be good for a huge charger which may sap alot of power at low rpm before it starts blowing.....and then, i would use the 100cc/125cc cetrifugal cltches, much stronger, i have a feeling that the 80cc jobbies would slip and overheat @ high rpm and loads.

ncie one emicen.

What clas did you race in. I started on the 80cc comers....and ended up in the 250cc Fe karts....amazin!

anyway, the clutch thing was just a thought, but since its not a big blower, capt is right in not needing to use it. But it would be good for a huge charger which may sap alot of power at low rpm before it starts blowing.....and then, i would use the 100cc/125cc cetrifugal cltches, much stronger, i have a feeling that the 80cc jobbies would slip and overheat @ high rpm and loads.