ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hole in power steering pipe

Clio 182
We've noticed a leak for a while but have only just got round to looking properly, I have a small hole in the metal power steering line near the steering rack (the heat shield bracket was bent back and has been rubbing :() I know its around £180 for the pipe or about £50 to get one made which is fine however taking it out looks like an absolute nightmare as it seems to run around everything so no idea where the joins are or where to start to take it out. Wondering if there is any sort of fix that can be done in situe? Have tried various repair tapes and its currently got a jubilee clip sat on it to try and atleast slow it down abit, I was going to cut and sleeve but access is extremely limited and the hole is close to a bend so not sure there would be enough space.

Thanks
Shane