ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home cctv and phone apps? recommendations please!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The storage option is not cheap, from £2.50 per month per device, limited to 30 days as well?
My system records to NVR HD & is available for 60 days minimum (no cloud storage) I have four high quality cams around the house all recording on motion activation using the latest H265.
Depending on if you want to expand in the future not going to be cheap option?

I actually ended up ordering that ezviz listed above after watching some YouTube stuff It is just the hikvision stuff rebranded, uses the same apps etc.
Will post some images of what it’s like if it’s any good.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I was considering colourvu. any good?
Yes mate

Just be aware if you have no supplementry lighting outside (ie Street lamps) it will turn on its own led - can be about annoying

Dahua don't have this feature yet will still show a decent colour image 👍🏻

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Yes mate

Just be aware if you have no supplementry lighting outside (ie Street lamps) it will turn on its own led - can be about annoying

Which give best image and what price roughly for 3 cameras and a recorder of each type or are they similar cost?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I actually ended up ordering that ezviz listed above after watching some YouTube stuff It is just the hikvision stuff rebranded, uses the same apps etc.
Will post some images of what it’s like if it’s any good.

Interesting. Let us know what you think

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Yes mate

So colorvu spotlight comes on when it detects movement or does it stay on all the time?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Forgot to update this cameras up and seems to be working alright has already deterred a few people sniffing around need to adjust it to the right a bit more when I get my ladder back.
6AF77084-C6C7-40C5-BE9F-A8936CF2D3D7.png

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
These have just come up on Facebook. I'm guessing they're the 1st gen ones. Still seems cheaper than other places think they're £90 on Screwfix site. Are they any good or not now compared to newer models
Screenshot_20200618-192058.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm having a look at the Ring systems, mainly for their ease of installation.

It'll be additional to a home alarm system, so I'll just be getting the floodlight and doorbell for outside, then a motion unit and another floodlight for the rear/shed area.

Does anyone have experience of a similar setup? Other solutions?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I've got reolink argus2 does colour night vision and decent price new one coming out soon does inbuilt spot light and better detection too.

May be work a look.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
So got a little bit of $ and want to upgrade my cctv setup.

What setups are giving really good quality footage at the moment?

My hik vision nvr is a bit old now and my cameras are bottom of the range.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
So got a little bit of $ and want to upgrade my cctv setup.

What setups are giving really good quality footage at the moment?

My hik vision nvr is a bit old now and my cameras are bottom of the range.

Hik Colourvue?

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Can someone with a Hikvision system clear something up for me. With the recording system can you set it up to record continuously with motion detection points that you can skip straight to? I’ve heard that you can only do one or the other.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Can someone with a Hikvision system clear something up for me. With the recording system can you set it up to record continuously with motion detection points that you can skip straight to? I’ve heard that you can only do one or the other.
one or other on mine I believe, not sure how you record all the time but have motion points?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine continuously records but I can skip to motion detection points on the recording

red marks on the timeline down the bottom are motion detection, you can set it to only detect motion in certain areas etc but I have it set to full scene
1.jpg

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
its a £30 Hikvision Hiwatch NVR-104-A NVR with a 4tb hard drive in it
3x Hikvision Hilook IPC-D140 dome cams
From what you’re saying then it seems that some Hikvision systems can do both but others can’t. Unusual, I expected they would al use the same software

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
From what you’re saying then it seems that some Hikvision systems can do both but others can’t. Unusual, I expected they would al use the same software
i thought they all would its a pretty basic requirement and this is their budget range stuff. It needs configured in the NVR rather than via the web/app based config

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I'm currently looking around to replace the parents system. They currently have an old BNC low quality set of cameras.

Ideally i wanted to look into having fully IP cameras and a recorder but nothing seems to come as a kit as easy and everything is individual (and pricey!) I could just go with an analogue setup again reusing the BNC cables that are already in place i suppose but a place out on the drive is too much messing to run a fresh cable, an IP camera or two would be perfect to run over homeplugs as a power box is already out there.

Any one have any suggestions?

I currently have a couple of Hikvision IP cams at mine but they were around £140 each. I also have a 'non' branded IP camera from Amazon that was £45, it's a great camera even at night but having trees above it just covers the dome lens in sap it's no use at night unless i clean it every few days!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'm currently looking around to replace the parents system. They currently have an old BNC low quality set of cameras.

Ideally i wanted to look into having fully IP cameras and a recorder but nothing seems to come as a kit as easy and everything is individual (and pricey!) I could just go with an analogue setup again reusing the BNC cables that are already in place i suppose but a place out on the drive is too much messing to run a fresh cable, an IP camera or two would be perfect to run over homeplugs as a power box is already out there.

Any one have any suggestions?

I currently have a couple of Hikvision IP cams at mine but they were around £140 each. I also have a 'non' branded IP camera from Amazon that was £45, it's a great camera even at night but having trees above it just covers the dome lens in sap it's no use at night unless i clean it every few days!

Just replace it with hik turbo / Dahua CVI

both do 5MP kits, saves faffing about with re cabling and you won’t notice any major difference. Infact you won’t get any latency issues experienced with some ip systems