ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home hub 3.0 and wireless extender compatibility

1.6 16v
I sorted out bt infinity at my parents house as there connection has always been terrible, and now the connection is all sorted out i wanted to attack there other problem. The house is quite old and therefore does not like wifi, so my plan was to get a wireless extender to get signal all round the house.

I was looking at getting a netgear wn2000rpt but doing a bit of reading up I found that they don't work with home hub 2.0

My question is whether the hub 3.0 is compatible with wireless extenders and what they're like in terms of playing games on as my brother will need it for that purpose

Cheers

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Why not get home plugs?

They use your ring main as an extension. I have a set of 500mbs net gear home plugs for my x box upstairs. I can't fault em and I would recommend a set to anyone for on line gaming etc.

1.6 16v
We do have some of them already, but it would be helpful to have the wifi extended to all parts of the house so that wifi could be easier to connect to. But on the xbox side of things I may set them up for my brother so that he faces no lag

But if anyone knows whether wireless extenders and the home hub are compatible that would be really helpful

Cheers for the replies guys