ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home made angel eyes / projectors

rsi
Hi folks,

I am sharing some tips for those who are interested to do their own hand made projectors or angel eyes.

When you turn your headlight to clear head light remember that the original glass is braking the light and reflects a large radious of light for your vision on the road. But if you put clear glass in front of your headlight there wont be any obsticle to break that light so they will be lit like spot light or like a flash light. There for a projector is a must if you want your headlights shows you the road at night.

If you wonder how new generation clear light works fine with out the spot effect, is because the interiour pannel of the headlights are specially engineered to break the light inside of the headlight by reflecting eachother so it doesnt require an icy glass on the front.

If you want to put an angel eye make sure it is around the projector not on the way.

If you wonder how to turn your head light in to clear glass, it requires a little bit knowledge and skills.

get a pannel of plexy glass 2-3 mm width. put in oven, warm it, (whatc it because it shouldnt melt it should only be like a jelly. than take it and put that warm wobbling plexy glass pannel over your original headlight so that it takes the same shape. leave it cooling on it.when it is cooled down with a marker trace the pannel according to the shape of the , with an electric saw go around the markers and cut it slowly. brake the old glass (dont cut your hand) paint the interior housing to black if you have projector(so there isn unnecessart shine inside of housing) then glue the new pannel with silicone. when it dries out watch for any little holes so humidity doesnt get through.

BEWARE, the mk1 clios doesnt have 2 separate housing for hi - low beam, so when you put a projector it should be a right choice for both type.
For HID XENON. Use E46 bi xenon projectors.

good luck

Sorry for my english I am foreigner...
image600kw0.jpg

pick your angel eye wide enough or if you are going to use a small ring make sure it is right around the projector.
image599xg2.jpg

saqeym2.jpg

Last edited:
  133/225/CLS AMG
Looks good mate!!

Friend of mine had a modified Cougar which he made his own angel eyes for. Had three in each headlight cluster and looks the nuts.

rsi
SOME ONE SENT ME A PM SAYING THAT IT IS ILLIGAL TO DO SUCH THING IN UK and EUROPE. PLEASE DISREGARD THIS THREAD IF SO...

Even so, thank you for posting - after all, I'm sure not everyone is legal 100% of the time ;) lol

Looks like good work though, I'm impressed at your skills! :cool:

ITB BG 182
mancolog - looks brilliant matey, yea it might be illegal but like ^^ he says im sure not everyones car is fully road legal. i know my bugger aint

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
does it actually work, can you see wher eu are going in the dark ? i won't do this cos, whats the point. just want to know if it actually lets you see anything

rsi
To be honest I made it just to have a never look to keep up with the new generation hatches but it doesnt worth to spent that much money and time on it if you are more interested in the functionality.
I give 9 over 10 for the look but I give 6 maybe 7 for the functionality.

The cool part is that you have a straight horizontal line where ever it reflects. its a bimmer senon it almost gives the same light effect but not exactly.