ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda civic type r

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Are the imports quite expensive to bring over? Apologies to the op for going slightly off topic

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
It depends on what you want really and on grade/mileage/modifications/demand.

I'm importing mine through Torque GT and have given them a budget etc, they think it'll be quite easy to find one within my budget and spec.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Years ago the imports were quite a bit more expensive but generally very well maintained cars. I guess it depends on the current exchange rate against the yen

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
From what i've read it became ridiculous to import cars 3 or 4 years ago, it's getting better now. Exchange rate isn't too bad.

A history of the GBP vs J-Yen shows how bad it was (and how good it used to be).

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Allways wanted to import one but as time went on etc never did. Be good to see pics on the S15. Op, car looks great, keep up the good work :)

clio 172 phase 2
Small update
Been meaning to this for a while painted my calipers black the red looked to boy racer for me . So painted them gloss black with high temp paint :) few pics excuse the dirty wheels and faded centre caps .
2a2y5a8e.jpg

4aqyzy4y.jpg

vuneqesa.jpg

Going to be getting a quote to repaint the front end its covered in stone chips

Also buying these items next month
Jazz washer jets
New honda badge for front grill
New flat blade wipers
Hamp oil filter
Braided brake lines

:) cheers for looking

clio 172 phase 2
Today was a good day :) finished work at 4 cleaned the car and went out for a good spin upto the black mountain which is not far from me , i have to say the cars a different animal with the ad08s and the ds2500 ! Way more confidence in the bends on entry car was so fun up on that road. Its making me wanna do a trackday even more ! Heres a few snaps :)
9y7ady3y.jpg

sepuhagy.jpg

y9aju5am.jpg

yzyge7aj.jpg

ahe7e8ej.jpg

mamynada.jpg

e8equjyb.jpg

adady3uq.jpg

qemyzygy.jpg

Heres some of the views
4asupe3y.jpg

e7a5ujy7.jpg

yhypyhuq.jpg

clio 172 phase 2
Looks spot on mate. Have you done a trackday before?

No i havnt mate :/ im a bit nervous on getting on track tbh not of me going of and having a crash but maybe taking somone else out if you get me ? Some decent tuition would be key when i do get on track !

Mini GP2
Looks great and sits nicely. Always fancied a go of an EP3; regret not test driving one before buying my 197.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
No i havnt mate :/ im a bit nervous on getting on track tbh not of me going of and having a crash but maybe taking somone else out if you get me ? Some decent tuition would be key when i do get on track !

One word, well two, 'do it'. Where's your closet track?

clio 172 phase 2
Ye few local lads doing llandow wednesay was guna book it but wont know if i got the day intil tuesday so not guna rush into it . But i may spectate if i do get it off .

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great in the pics up the Black Mountains mate :) I'm looking forward to getting up there very soon in the Trophy. It's been a while! The last few times has been in Fred's V6 and, to be honest, that was a bit of a handful around those roads! LOL!

As for the track days... it's a shame you can't book for this Wednesday. It's probably one of the best places / environments to take your first steps on track. A short, fun track where you won't get up to silly speeds and a track very much suited to the likes of the Type-R and the RS Clios. The people in attendance also make it worthwhile and the BurpSpeed guys are always on hand to offer guidance.

clio 172 phase 2
Looks great in the pics up the Black Mountains mate :) I'm looking forward to getting up there very soon in the Trophy. It's been a while! The last few times has been in Fred's V6 and, to be honest, that was a bit of a handful around those roads! LOL!

As for the track days... it's a shame you can't book for this Wednesday. It's probably one of the best places / environments to take your first steps on track. A short, fun track where you won't get up to silly speeds and a track very much suited to the likes of the Type-R and the RS Clios. The people in attendance also make it worthwhile and the BurpSpeed guys are always on hand to offer guidance.

Bet the trophys awesome now mate what did it make on the dyno? That v6 was the best courtesy car in the uk probs haha . I know hope i can still come wednesday maybe go out as a passenger in my mates car see what its like

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The Trophy is awesome... I think! LOL! I've had a few issues since getting it back so haven't really been able to try it out in anger yet. Then engine and gearbox are spot on and it's loads of other little things giving me grief instead (such as knackered damper). I've just put some temporary 182 Cup shocks on so at least I can get out and drive it. Even though I haven't pushed it yet it is already amazing to drive; I love it mate. I certainly miss the V6 but the Trophy is pretty special, too. :) As for the dyno - it made 210.9bhp. Obviously read into that what you will; they vary so much it's hard to get any real context from it. However, it drives beautifully, is genuinely a 200+bhp Clio and I love it. Out Type-R needs a few tweaks now as it gets left behind! :p (To be honest, I love the Type-R as well and will probably keep that as it is - i.e. lightly modified. It's in nice shape at the moment).

clio 172 phase 2
Small update
Been meaning to buy a new honda badge for my grill for some time now as the original had gone all crappy ! Heres the new and old
6c17d97b6366038f4f39b61592d494ff.jpg

6154841dc529460caffffde079cf9c6b.jpg

d08dc205e9e330fc845e4f6b37e260e2.jpg

clio 172 phase 2
Update
Bought myself some pro race 1.2 wheels yesterday at a ridiculously low price . With new tyres so worth the punt . Fitted one on the ep3 and they dont look right which is a shame as there lovely wheels . Heres the pic
c9e4a744c5a43d0af8d22cc399a93555.jpg

clio 172 phase 2
Bronze does look lovely , may refurb them still unsure in the actual wheel design too maybe a big flat spoke wheel would suit it better