ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda civic type r

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
A diff makes them a different car so ive heard been looking m factory diffs very tempting :/
Definitely mate. Absolutely transforms the car. Replace the steering rack with a DC5 setup and you're laughing, too (to remove some of that numb/vagueness through the steering).

Obviously I disagree. My CTR with a fast road set up, ARB,Eibachs will handle better than a Clio and be more composed over bumps. Splitting hairs here but the Clio is definitely not a better handler hands down.
Stock vs. stock the Clio is the better handling in my opinion. Our Type-R is running Eibach's, camber arms / adjusters, ARB, revised fast road geo, etc. and it handles really well. The Trophy still runs circles around it though. :p That said, I still love the Type-R. Great car.

clio 172 phase 2
I have on the same setup on the civic just a jdm arb added on rear handles very well just not as my clio imo .

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looking good mate! Saw you bought the DC system over on CTRO!
I changed my pads yesterday, miles better!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I just went for Pagid on the OEM Brembos mate.

Did have Mintex on there from the previous owner and they now feel miles better!
So much bite compared to before!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Had DS2500 on my one and nothing but good things to say about them .

Alan

001_zps4834aa91.jpg

Ah nice im thinking of either ds2500 or mintex 1144 fastroad series

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
iirc the rc5+ were around £140. cant quite remember the differemce between the two but it wasnt lots.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ah nice im thinking of either ds2500 or mintex 1144 fastroad series
I tried the Mintex 1144's on ours mate (still running them now). To be honest... I won't be buying them again. Not for the Type-R at least. They just don't seem to offer the bite (and inspire the confidence) that the DS2500's did. That said, I think the Mintex probably had the edge immediately used from cold.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Obviously I disagree. My CTR with a fast road set up, ARB,Eibachs will handle better than a Clio and be more composed over bumps. Splitting hairs here but the Clio is definitely not a better handler hands down.

Like for like, bog standard cars... the Clio has always been the better of the two in terms of chassis dynamics.

You never hear of people putting Renault engines in Honda's now do ya? ;)

clio 172 phase 2
I tried the Mintex 1144's on ours mate (still running them now). To be honest... I won't be buying them again. Not for the Type-R at least. They just don't seem to offer the bite (and inspire the confidence) that the DS2500's did. That said, I think the Mintex probably had the edge immediately used from cold.

I had the 1144's on the clio they seemed alright they just sorta gradually got worse and worse ? From all the threads ive seen the ferodos seem the best option with decent discs ,fluid and lines !

clio 172 phase 2
Painted my grab handles today as they wer scratched and turning black fresh coat of silver looking alot more fresh now :)
babutaqy.jpg

e9aqu4a5.jpg

clio 172 phase 2
Yes mate theres a little hole behind them pop a small allen key in there and pop them out :) simple job

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Thanks I'll do that soon. Is it just a plain silver that would match well?

clio 172 phase 2
I used honda satin silver , slightly of colour but looks good enough , i believe that vauxhall artic silver is a perfect match

clio 172 phase 2
Updates
Recently the ep3 has had a few little mods first of which was the energy engine mount insert kit , bit of a b**ch to fit these mounts but well worth the pain its made the gearchange feel even better than it was already also the engine just doesnt move now its nice and tight and no lash back coming down the high revs well worth the money !

Also purchased a tegiwa short shifter after reading some good reviews doesnt look much and imo costs alot for what it is luckily i got mine second hand for a bit cheaper so not too bad but overall its made the gearchange perfect ! Nice and tight also really short throw to bang through the gears
runygy9y.jpg

3atamaqa.jpg

Also purchased some silvertec bulbs to de tango the front and rear lights as i feel it looks odd with the way the lights are . Waiting for the rear ones as we speak will be fitting them when they arrive .

Loving the ep3 at the moment its ticking everybox :) few more tweeks and il be happy for a while hopfully the reflash end of this month providing nothing big financially comes up.

Few pics after a wash the other night
a7e2erar.jpg

e6yjy6uq.jpg

te4esuhe.jpg

uhuru2u3.jpg

by4eragu.jpg

Next on the list is spacers all round and a new honda front badge and jazz washer jets :)

clio 172 phase 2
Id love to charge it mate but for the money id spend i could buy an already boosted car with far less hassle but the k20 does respond well with a turbo/supercharger . My friends actually selling his jdm s2000 with a tts stage 3 rotrex kit onit epic car only wants 9k which i thinks really good for the spec !

clio 172 phase 2
Small update
De wipered my rear window today , the nut was not budging so out came the hacksaw ! Alls good looks alot cleaner in the rear now not so cluttered . Got my silvervision indicator bulbs in too much better than the tango bulbs !
Few snaps from a wash earlier

utaqagub.jpg

y8ymy5an.jpg

umata9a8.jpg

ne2a2atu.jpg

e5u8avut.jpg

Cheers for looking !

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Looks great dude! Be cool to see it up close in person before you decide to sell, I saw you go passed tesco in Carmarthen last Wednesday, I was pulling out of tesco when you went passed! Looked nice from where I was sitting!

clio 172 phase 2
Looks great dude! Be cool to see it up close in person before you decide to sell, I saw you go passed tesco in Carmarthen last Wednesday, I was pulling out of tesco when you went passed! Looked nice from where I was sitting!

Cheers mate could do with paint in places front being the main stone chiped to s**t ! But overall not to bad for the age of the car , should of text me or fb message me mate could of had a quick chat ! I really wanna go for a spin down your way never been further than haverfordwest ! Il have to get the lads to go on a huge spin one day soon :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Looks tidy Dan. I've got some Brembo front discs in now for these mate, I did the mention thing with your name in my section but you may not have been able to see it

cheers

clio 172 phase 2
Looks tidy Dan. I've got some Brembo front discs in now for these mate, I did the mention thing with your name in my section but you may not have been able to see it

cheers

Hey mate ! Cheers for letting me know ! Not a full member anymore dude thats probs why . Il be sorting the brakes end of the month mate if thats cool?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Hey mate ! Cheers for letting me know ! Not a full member anymore dude thats probs why . Il be sorting the brakes end of the month mate if thats cool?

No worries!

Yes just PM me when ever you're ready, I've got some front Brembo oem and Ferodo Racing DS2500 pads in aswel

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I'll do them at the same prices I gave you before as you have been waiting for the discs to come in mate

Don't mind saying just can't remember off top of my head, will be best prices for them parts though ;)

clio 172 phase 2
I'll do them at the same prices I gave you before as you have been waiting for the discs to come in mate

Don't mind saying just can't remember off top of my head, will be best prices for them parts though ;)

Mailed you mate!

clio 172 phase 2
Hey guys been offered this tonite at really good price for the amount of work gone into it last year or so ...

Its a toyota celica gt4 st205 wrc my mate that owns is very particular about his cars and looks after them regardless of cost . Two questions really

1. Anyone had an experiences with one ?
2. Whats your opinion on the car in general as a posed to the civic ep3 ?

avyzypug.jpg

u2yty3ar.jpg

umude6yt.jpg

Cheers let me know what you think , the history is seriously as thick as the bible !