ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horizon Zero Dawn PS4

A SHED!
Anyone else bought this? It's very pretty. The action though is clunky and the overall story line is abit stupid. It's a mix of tombraider, far cry and assassin's creed. I keep preserving with it but I'm struggling.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I love the look of the graphics etc, but don't understand the concept of machine dinosaurs tbh

A SHED!
If you've got a really far reaching imagination you might get on with it. For me though it's really unrelatable. The story is really uninspiring. The combat is mundane and none of the weapons have any clout. Camera angle spins off overhead sometimes during mid combat and when talking to people it randomly changes to close ups which is weird. There's no key on the world map and I'm sick of mother earth s**t. All in all 4/10.

A SHED!
Ok I'll admit.... It's grown on me....I've revised my 4/10 to a 8/10. Once you enter the outside world it gets ALOT better. I can see now why it gets high scoring reviews. The first part of the game is really off putting but once the leave "the embrace" it becomes much more engrossing. It is a truly massive game!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ok I'll admit.... It's grown on me....I've revised my 4/10 to a 8/10. Once you enter the outside world it gets ALOT better. I can see now why it gets high scoring reviews. The first part of the game is really off putting but once the leave "the embrace" it becomes much more engrossing. It is a truly massive game!
Are you sure about that? :tongueout: People are relying on your review... LOL!

Clio 182 - RB
God sake, i'm gonna' have to buy this game, reviews on it seem good and looks great! But, i've just bought Tom Clancy Ghost Recon [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard nothing but positive things about this game. Came with my pro today but still undecided if i want to unwrap it and try it or sell it.

A SHED!
I'm quite far into the game and it's one of the best games I've ever played. Lol @ my previous comments. Sigh.

DCi
I've not had a chance to play much but will try and get on for a bit tonight. probably have a bit of a go over the weekend too

Mito Sportiva 135
I've not got a PS4 but looks quite cool - although don't think it's anywhere near as good as the new Zelda. Can't really justify a new console just to play 1 new game though :(

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
This is definitely going to be my next purchase, after I've polished off witcher 3, and played the fallout dlc I bought at xmas. Oh, and skyrim. Damn I need to spend more time sat on my arse[emoji23]

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Bit of a bump but got this yesterday with the Pro (Wipeout collection is being CEX'd) and have to say its impressive. It looks absolutely gorgeous on our 55" 4K HDR tv. Like amazing. Just about to leave the embrace so not too far into it yet but so far so good.

Still not won over by the PS4 controller but thats neither here nor there.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Bit of a bump but got this yesterday with the Pro (Wipeout collection is being CEX'd) and have to say its impressive. It looks absolutely gorgeous on our 55" 4K HDR tv. Like amazing. Just about to leave the embrace so not too far into it yet but so far so good.

Still not won over by the PS4 controller but thats neither here nor there.
Pretty much what others have said. It's lovely to look at until you play it.

DCi
I thought the controls were fine.

My biggest criticism would be if you compare this to something like Grand Theft Auto - in GTA, you'll start of just driving, then get a gun, then get a sniper, then a plane, the a bazooka, then a chopper etc... the story builds up and lets you play with all the toys.

In Horizon I finished it with the 4 weapons I came across first, I'd have liked to have had to get hold of different weapons to do different things just to make the game a bit more varied.

Also (small spoiler, more of the game mechanics than the story)
I didn't like that after the last mission it basically just re-loaded the game to prior to the last mission - I'd rather it acknowledged I'd finished the game whilst I was going round and doing all the collectables but I guess I'm just being needy now

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I thought the controls were fine.

My biggest criticism would be if you compare this to something like Grand Theft Auto - in GTA, you'll start of just driving, then get a gun, then get a sniper, then a plane, the a bazooka, then a chopper etc... the story builds up and lets you play with all the toys.

In Horizon I finished it with the 4 weapons I came across first, I'd have liked to have had to get hold of different weapons to do different things just to make the game a bit more varied.

Also (small spoiler, more of the game mechanics than the story)
I didn't like that after the last mission it basically just re-loaded the game to prior to the last mission - I'd rather it acknowledged I'd finished the game whilst I was going round and doing all the collectables but I guess I'm just being needy now
More fool you I say. I've got all the top weapons with mods etc. Must have been f**king hard with the standard shite weapons?! Did you rush the story?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
This is the first game set on hard that is actually hard. I've had to turn it down to normal lol.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
This is the first game set on hard that is actually hard. I've had to turn it down to normal lol.
Really? Once you get it down it's actually too easy, and once you get the shield-weave armour even the hardest difficulty becomes easy mode.

Basically, always be moving - I crutched on my sharpshot bow, once you get some good mods on it you can beat the whole game with it without ever needing to change weapon, I used stealth wherever possible; bandit camps I would just pick them off one by one. Once you get the extra concentration perk, and the fire 2 and 3 arrows at a time perk, you can just mow through everything.

I think this game has one of the best stories ever, it's very clever, and the way you slowly discover more; open world games can often be short on story, but not this one, the voice acting and audio journals are actually good listening unlike most games, they really add to the vibe. Bravo to whoever did the lore.

DCi
More fool you I say. I've got all the top weapons with mods etc. Must have been f**king hard with the standard shite weapons?! Did you rush the story?
Yea I got bored of collecting and went for story missions

I assume you went out to find good weapons? In GTA the story makes you use a variety of stuff so I prefer that method

I added some mods that I picked up along the way but it wasn't that bad

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I really enjoyed this game. Only gripe was I'm one who doesn't like to skip anything so I do all the side missions as I get them which got a bit boring. My own fault I know but when I got back into the main story it was really good. I hope the dlc is a good size story worth buying.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
For anyone that's interested

IMG_0428.PNG