ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horn push on steering wheel

Clio 182
Whist removing the small bottom trim from my steering wheel, I pulled the horn push up a bit to make removal a bit easier, but when I reseated the centre section, my horn doesn't work.

If I pull the centre out a bit, the horn will work, but it obviously reseats and stops working....

I assume I've misaligned something, but how do I get into the horn/airbag centre section to rearrange it? Found how to remove the airbag module (2 clips behind steering wheel) but no threads on how to open it. Not keen to pull too hard on the cover because of the airbag so any advice or pointers to historic threads gratefully received.

BMW 320d SE
There's a guide on here somewhere on how to remove the steering wheel. This covers the airbag removal. Essentially it's disconnecting the battery for 10/15 mins, then using a flat blade screwdriver to pop the clips on the back of the steering wheel. There's two coloured plastic clips that you need to carefully open to release the connectors, then the airbag can come off. The horn push wiring and springs should be clear to see.