ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hot and Cold Air

Ph1 172 Sunflower :)
A little problem i found the other day on my phase 1 172 was u have the switch so u can change how much air comes out i think u have 1 up to 4.
Sometimes it turns on and blows out air and sometimes u get nothing even when its put on to 4 for the strongest blow. could this be a connection problem?

Ph1 172 Sunflower :)
i have it so it comes out on the front windscreen because its jus so it demists it but theres just been nothing coming out, and then it will jus turn on sometimes

172cup
prolly connection fault then... but most likely on the direction dial. double check to see that you haven't turned it too far

Lots of Alfas
I think theres also a resistor where the fan is under the scuttle panel and sometimes rain gets to it and screws the fan up.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Yep! Dave is right, the resistor pack is the cause.

Lift the bonnet, find the clip that holds the black panel just in front of the screen on the drivers side, remove it and lift the panel out.

You will see the heater fan housing. undo the two screws that hold the pollen filter cover, lift the cover off and pull out the paper filter .

This is a good time to clean or replace it if its really clagged up.

Next undo the screws that hold the small cover where the two wires enter and pull the resistor pack out. (It looks like three strips of metal and some coils of wire.)
Check for signs of burning and if it looks OK, clean it up carefully with a sharp pointed tool like a small screwdriver and a bit of emery cloth on a stick (G/F,s emery boards are good also)

You can check its all working before you re assemble it, but dont run it too long out of the airstream and keep your fingers clear.

If its broken, replacement is the only other option.

As Dave says, water ingress can be a cause but the other possible cause is a lack of airflow over it to cool it because the pollen filter is blocked, so check your filter at least twice a year. (it shold be done on a service anyway)

When you are finished, make sure the little black plastic rain channel goes in place and clean all the dirt and leaves that accumulate over the drain holes, before you refit the cover and fixing clip, this is important so as to prevent water getting in again.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Hi,I checked for the resisitor pack last night but the only thing I could find was something with 5 fins but there was no coils of wire and there was like 5 wires going into it with numbers from 1 to 5 on top of them?Is it the right thing or is it something diffrent?