ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hot day starting

Clio 172
Ok drove my car to work fine started fine in the morning from cold went to it after work when it had been sat in the sun all day and it started but only just it's done this before and only does it on hot days if it's been cold all day the car starts fine any ideas

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Any warning lights on and has it done it since? Crank sensor, fuel pressure, injectors are all possibles.

Clio 172
Any warning lights on and has it done it since? Crank sensor, fuel pressure, injectors are all possibles.
No warning lights it's done it since iv owned it Wich is only 3 mounths would a diagnostic pick up any of the above ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They'd need to be tested electrically before you go off and start buying "miracle products"

Start with a proper diagnostic session and go from there.

Mick

04 Monaco Blue 172
mine did this, it was sat in the sun all day and i had to blip the throttle to make it start

i ran the tank empty, put some redex in it and used 99 momentum fuel and i also cleaned the throttle body, fires on the first turn of the key now