ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hot Newbie !!!

Renault Clio 1.2 Exp
Hi
New on here and wonder if you guys can help. With the recent temperatures not being able to open the windows on my Clio is becoming a MAJOR issue !!!
Car is a 55 plate 1.2 Clio Expression 3 dr. Its the newer shape.
When I bought the car the drivers window didn't work. Was told it was the motor/regulator and replaced that. Still didn't work.
Refitted the original motor/regulator and instead fitted a new switch panel in the drivers door. This did the trick.
For 2 days both windows worked just fine.
Now NEITHER drivers or passengers window works???
Any advice would be gratefully received !!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Second hand switches or new? These are a very common problem, I've changed them quite a few times over the years.

As a side note the passenger window is wired through the drivers side first and needs the feed from the drives side switch and then passenger side switch in order to operate.

Renault Clio 1.2 Exp
Second hand switches or new? These are a very common problem, I've changed them quite a few times over the years.

As a side note the passenger window is wired through the drivers side first and needs the feed from the drives side switch and then passenger side switch in order to operate.

ah ok
the switch I replaced was a second hand ebay special!!! is it worth trying another one then??

Clio 172 Merc ML55
It is yeah, assume you've checked the usual such as fuses, wiring connector etc etc already?

Renault Clio 1.2 Exp
Thanks - Really appreciate your reply/advice !!
I have tried as best I can to check fuses etc but theyre tricky to find!!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Drivers window is fuse no 19 and 20 amp
Passenger is no 20 and 30 amp according to the old haynes manual

These will be in the fuse box on passenger end of dash, they are all numbered but you need to look very carefully to see the numbers.

Renault Clio 1.2 Exp
Drivers window is fuse no 19 and 20 amp
Passenger is no 20 and 30 amp according to the old haynes manual

These will be in the fuse box on passenger end of dash, they are all numbered but you need to look very carefully to see the numbers.

this is where it gets confusing - mine doesn't seem to have a fuse box inside the passenger door !!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
this is where it gets confusing - mine doesn't seem to have a fuse box inside the passenger door !!
Open the door and on the end of the dash should be a panel with some airbag stickers on it, it'll be underneath there (assuming it is a ph2??)

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Apologies for the delay in replying, just bought the mrs a Mk3 so I now know where the fuse box is. It's below and to the left of the steering column as seen in these photos

20160725_171859.jpg
20160725_171854.jpg

Window fuses are bottom left and 3 up from bottom on right hand side, 25 amp and a sandy sort of colour