ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hot Tub wooden eco pool thing for sale.. eBay

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Incase anyone fancies it, or knows someone who might..

Will cost £5k to replace new - will be happy with anything over £500 !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121325021968?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

1044163_10153004499605154_19447719_n.jpg

:cool:

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is actually yours?! What's the reason for selling?

It's perfect for my garden, my daughter would LOVE it, but a) what kind of vehicle would I need to transport it (without the water), and b) what does it realistically cost to run/maintain per annum?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0

It's perfect for my garden, my daughter would LOVE it, but a) what kind of vehicle would I need to transport it (without the water), and b) what does it realistically cost to run/maintain per annum?

Yes. Selling as it came with the house, and it's a corner pool in the middle of the garden and we used it about 3 times in the last 12 months. It's in a stupid place, heat pump is in an inefficient place in the garden (only place for it) and it's just a waste of time for us.

Also, it's too deep for the width .. can't sit in it as it's ~1m deep. Scrooge did suggest taking the height down by 50%....

For kids it might be amazing but for me, in the UK .. it's a no.

Running costs -

~£100 of chemicals for a season.
5kw heat pump = 5x electric unit [~15p each] x number of hours on a day. For us, approx 10 hours a day (10*15*5) = £7.50 a day in heating alone .. pump and filter are on top of that. So call it a tenner I guess... each day you have it on.

It's "supposed" to increase by ~2C a day, but ours was so badly hiding from the sun, it didn't.

There's ~10k litres of water to heat up as well as 10k litres of water to put in it... are you on a water meter...?

As stated in the ad - You'd need a transit sized van. It all comes down to component pieces - you'd never move it in one piece, even when empty ;)

I want it.

Can you fit a HGV down you road?

You'd get a HGV ~100m away... as above, you'll never move it in one piece but you could walk the parts to the truck.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
£10 a day to essentially have a bath out side with my mates. Maybe not...

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
CS pool party before it goes?

Also, what're you going to do with the water? Guess it's not like a paddling pool you just turn upside down.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Buy it!

Rob's sums on running it are rubbish, in even remotely warm weather, once the pump has it up to temp, it'd just come in and out on stat, so wouldn't be constant use at 5kw

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
SOLD* !

Subject to someone from eBay actually:

turning up at all..
turning up in a proper sized vehicle..
turning up with money..
turning up and actually wanting it..
dismantling it..
fitting it in the back of the moped/corsa/articulated truck they turn up in...
paying...
going away......

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
Fingers crossed for you mate. If it doesn't sell and you fancy delivering for a few bob ;)