ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How are your Eagle F1s, Bridgestone tyres

Mégane RS

Hi all i was looking to purchase some Goodyear Eagle F1s or Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 in 205/40/17.

Ive heard a few good things about both tyres. Ive also heard that the F1s wear very quicky and are loud.

Let me know what you know about both tyres and how they were for you in your experience. thanks

Street Triple R

Ive got the F1s on my Cup and i think they are great, have great wet weather grip and traction, Dry performance is good too, although I think i need to play around with the pressures a little bit to fine tune them :)

The F1s havent worn particularly quickly, the biggest factor there is obviously how you drive it

You should go for Bridgestone RE050. They are very new, it is the standard tyres for New Golf V GTI in my country. Same as Ferrari 360. But sorry, not sure about snow weather.

Ive got F1s that have covered over 10k miles on the rears (though admittedly the ex was driving for a lot of that... lol)

they grip amazingly in the wet (you can almost drive like its dry!) and havent worn too quickly for me, but I imagine a lot depends on your driving style.

If you drive it like you stole it then no, they probably wont last very long! lol

14000 out of my Eagle F1s & I have to say perfect tyre for Scotland, bearing in mind the amount of rain! Not to shabby in the dry too, no noise issues, and I reckon on another 2-3000 out of them yet before I feel guilty about the wear indicators & get another set.

For a cheap but good tyre, try Marangonis- dont see them that much nowadays but pretty hard to beat for the money.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

done about 5-6k on my 205/40/17 f1 gsd-3s, seem to be lasting very well, i do drive the car like a racing car as well. Very good tyres, more than happy with them.

Ive got GSD3s on my valver and theyve done 9K including a track day and still look in great shape.

Loads of tread left and they are simply awesome!

dont get runflats the ride quality is toss i had runflats on my MINI dunlop sp9000 they were rated one of the best runflats u can buy but still cost £200 each and the ride is 10x worse.i would get eagle f1s.i think theres a website that rates tyres something like http://www.tirerack.comwww.tirerack.com

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I love my eagles! Had a few of them of the last 30k miles and they are good, great grip and last fine. Drive it hard 24/7 and like any tyre they will wear out much quicker!

Rb 182

John converted me to eagles and i love em. Handle in the wet as good as my old (firestone) tyres handled in the dry!

Dave

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

eagle f1s on mine... excellent in the wet, but the sidewall is a little too soft for my liking in the dry!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Bridgestone potenza re720s on mine and they are amazing!!!