ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How best to spend

Hi guys. I thinking about spending some money on my 172, and need some advice on the best way to blow 300 odd quid. 3 options as I see it: a) new exhaust system - nice looks and sound, not much power, plus will it effect my emissions...? b) Superchip - have a good garage nearby that will fit but no dealers for any of the other chips you lot have mentioned. Like the idea of it being a "subtle" mod. Will it hurt my mpg? c) Induction kit - good sound and power, any disadvantages?

Any advice appreciated!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

either an exhaust or an induction kit.ive got the following-

Magnex full stainless exhaust,very nice sound-£330

Hillpower induction kit,sounds nice and seems to have improved performance slightly-£235

OK - but if I get a decat Ive got to get the pipe changed before MOT havent I? Any rolling road figures for any of the above improvements?

Ph1

Quote: Originally posted by Kirves on 09 February 2004

OK - but if I get a decat Ive got to get the pipe changed before MOT havent I? Any rolling road figures for any of the above improvements?
Yes, and a pain in the bum too......thats what puts me off about this mod.