ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how can i get more power out of my 1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 1.2 8v
does any1 have a clue how to get more power outa a mk2 ph1 clio without nackerin the engine when used daily.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Not really possible without spending £££££ mate.
The only thing that will make any difference at all is a decent service.
Save your money for a quicker car.

Get the bus?

Seriously though, there is no point attempting to get more power out of a 1.2. The engine was made on a budget and wasn't designed for any sort of power.
Save your money and spend it either on a really good service for the car, or save it for your next car

Lotus Elise
Not really possible without spending £££££ mate.
The only thing that will make any difference at all is a decent service.
Save your money for a quicker car.

^ says the man who is turbo/supercharging his clio

Strip it, service it, get lighter wheels... hire someone in a ferrari to tow it...

As said been talked about before, you would have to chuck serious money at it to get it much much faster...

Service the engine and lose weight by stripping it would be cheapest.

Other than that buy a car with a bigger engine.

RS200
172/182 are pretty slow compared to most family diesels nowadays, so not even much point in paying the increase in insurance for one.

There is no point in trying to get any extra power from a 1.2. You'd be better off selling it and getting a DCi 80 or 100.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
172/182 are pretty slow compared to most family diesels nowadays, so not even much point in paying the increase in insurance for one.

There is no point in trying to get any extra power from a 1.2. You'd be better off selling it and getting a DCi 80 or 100.

What?? Apart from the likes of top of the range 3l TD's that's rubbish.

they're not really though are they. they skin most big cruisers low down and granted they dont have much past 135 but i'd never call them pretty slow.

to the OP. strip it and sort the handling if you must, or save money, wait and move onto better things eventually like most do..

RS200
What?? Apart from the likes of top of the range 3l TD's that's rubbish.

Well, it's not - really. 0-60 they might not keep up (but who drives like that anyway), but on the move the amount of torque that the diesels have nowadays make them just as good if not better, due to the poor lack of torque the 2.0's have. And I've had both a 172 and 182 and am in no means a hater. Modern diesels are damn impressive once above 20mph, and are the better choice if you want to increase performance (apart from blown petrols obviously - they're still superior due to higher revs).

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
But to over come the torque deficit you drop it a gear and then they will still be quicker than all but the best dervs, mapped or not. I'm also not a hater of dervs btw.
Also why did you bother to get a slow 200 when you could have got a quick derve?

RS200
But to over come the torque deficit you drop it a gear and then they will still be quicker than all but the best dervs, mapped or not. I'm also not a hater of dervs btw.
Also why did you bother to get a slow 200 when you could have got a quick derve?

I hate diesels.

clio 1.2 8v
there no point buyin a diesel lol the car i want more power out of does any diesel on roads where i live they dont stand a chance on contry roads. its stripped out got a straight through exhaust induction kit and an ecu remap.

clio 1.2 8v
lol bt in sum places the have no chance lol i dont need it any faster jus need it to accelerate quicker outa corners.

clio 1.2 8v
bit o both most of the time its just fast road driving on my own bt wanna take it to the track eventually.

clio 1.2 8v
well for example there one kid i know with a 1.9 bora hus a complete nutter on roads bt that dont keep up :/

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
well for example there one kid i know with a 1.9 bora hus a complete nutter on roads bt that dont keep up :/

Lol, I also bet he's a young and fairly inexperienced driver like your self! You sound like someone who will end up putting a thread up about how much your can break your car for tbh.
You also said said any dervs don't stand a chance where you live. Whats this Bora? A low powered tdi 100? They're also one of the worst handling dervs out there...

clio 1.2 8v
completely different i know chill. sure the reason every1 on here is ITBing clios is to get more power to drive faster so it not like i doin owt any1 else aint tbf

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I think the points your missing is that..
A, There is no point doing such things to a 1.2 and people that do (on 1*2's) on here probably account for 1% of the members.
B, 1.2 Clio's will always be slow.

Stripped yozza'd cup
am sure they will bt at the end of the day there quick enough if you spend some money. lol

They can be quick mate, same as anything really. But you'd have to spend a massive amount of money. It's just not worth it.

You're clearly dying to spend money so buy some coilovers, sone decent 15'' light wheels (O.Z Ultraleggera ftw :) ) strut braces and a rear ARB, make it handle like it's on rails. Much more satisfying to be quick on corners than in a straight line anyway :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Lol you need to spend more then "some" money to make them noticeably quicker and even then it'll still be slow. Flogging a dead horse springs to mind..! Just be happy your lucky enough to have your own car at 18... Save up and move on when cost/insurance etc allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.