ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can i make my exhaust Pop?

Vivaro van
Ive got a 1.4 16v with a ktec supersport stealth system but want it to pop when decelerating, how can i get this or is it not possible, car is already remapped and a piperx induction kit

Clio 1.2 16v
rev the nuts off it lol, tbh mate its a 1.4 i doubt you can unless you take the whole zaust off

Blobeye WRX STi W/T
disconnect the speed sensor :D lol... mine isn't decated and when the speed sensor cuts out it pops/burbles loads when lifting off lol, thats the only reason I haven't fitted a new speed sensor yet, because it sounds nice :D

S

Ste King 182

while stationary rev the nackers off it and turn ya engine off onto the electrics then back on and repeat about 5 times quite fast that makes it pop lol!!

S

Ste King 182

lol my mate showed me it in his leon cupra sounded chavvy but good lol !!

S

Ste King 182

ive tryed it a few days ago with a full ktec cat back on... sounded ok but not as good as me mate leon lol

Vivaro van
The exhaust is about 2 years old i got it new from ktec but i dont wanna keep turning it of and on i want loads small pops, maybe if i could make it over fuel a bit?

S

Ste King 182

you can get a map that over runs it dno about a 1.4 but deffinatly can for a 182.

RS 189.9
What, you mean like this?
[video]
th_ClioCivicExhaust.gif
[/video]

:approve:

My 1.2 does this, it sounded pretty good when i had an exhaust on, still does it with standard one too. Somethings wrong with my car i think.

My 1.2 did it with a badboy Peco backbox and no centre silencer, sounded pretty stupid on a slow car now I look back, I thought it was the dog's balls at 17 though.

145db Euro'd clio
whilst driving, about 25-30mph, put it in second gear, going slightly downhill and lightly and i mean very lihtly tap the accelerator. that'll give little pops. does with mine anyway

PH1 172
Rice Crispies in the petrol tank iirc

no no that only works on the 2.0 ltr engines.. its coco pops for the 1.2 and 1.4 engines... easy mistake to make.

realistically though, it will become quite an inefficient engine if you are looking to make it pop and bang, i know it sounds good but look at it this way, at least your car is running right and all that.