ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can I tell if my car was pre reg’d

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Is there any way of knowing for sure if my car was pre registered at a dealership? If anyone has the means to find out for me, I can PM you my reg no. Alternatively , if there is anywhere on the internet that I can check that would be good (bit of a long shot, but if you dont ask you dont get!)

Thanks

Rick

Actually, just been flicking through my V5 and it says in the special notes section: Declared new at first registration. Could this mean that it was pre registered?

Rick

look at the date of registration, if it was about the time you got the car then its not pre reg.

If its a bit earlier than you got the car and you are the second keeper then yes its a pre reg

D

tiTTy & SV650

mine was pre - registered but they registered it the week before I picked it up only cause I bought it. 13 miles on the clock, hardly counts as a previous owner IMO.

The car has had 3 former keepers according to the V5. It only displays the name of the last owner on section 2.

The main reason I ask is because I tried to trade it in a little while ago and the dealer wasnt interested because he thought the number of owners would make it difficult to shift. Personally I think he just didnt want the car and was looking for a way out. But he did ask if I knew if it was pre registered so its got me thinking...

If theres no definitive way of finding out then Ill just have to live with it I guess.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Rick,

I would certainly look at your car and wonder why there have been 3 owners in a short period.....

ie did someone sell it on because of a problem etc.

I would contact the owner listed on the V5 and see what he knows about its previous history etc,

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 18 August 2005

u need to contact the DVLA and pay IIRC to get details of all owners.
^^^^^^^^^^^ yes that is the only way - think it costs a tenner

or write to the former keeper and ask about the details

is it a uk car cos if a euro import they are usually pre reg

also look at the service record and compare the reg date with the pdi stamp