ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do i change lower gearbox mount

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
Hi,

i have changed the 2 top engine mounts, how the heck do i remove the bottom gearbox mount ? it looks ok actually but i brought it so i may as well change it.

quick question on the top gearbox mount, i think my car has a bit missing maybe when they changed the clutch or something as it doesnt' seem to be designned very well. all that is there is a long metal bolt (which was half threaded) with a round tube bit on it, and the bit that goes to the mounting has like a nut part on the bolt which does actually do anything !
the old one was totally busted, the top half of the engine mount (the metal washer part joining to the rubber just kept turning round and round as it was completely broken /spit off the rubber.

the clutch side seemed to be ok as well, just the rubber on that small metal bracket part was a bit broken/split, don't see why i couldn't have just brought that part. instead of wasting £60 on the whole thing

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i have found Fred's post, i shall try this

remove battery, unbolt the battey tray/gearbox mounting from the chassis leg (the aluminum bit, you can leave the rubber bush alone)

unbolt the lower mount from the subframe from underneath

jack up the gearbox with the wheel off and unbolt the mount from the gearbox

bit fiddly to do, but not hard