ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I disconnect my Alarm?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Hi guys, really need some help on this one :)

I am buying a house so my beloved Clio is having to go to a new home :( and as a result I have bought myself a disposable car.

It's an N reg Astra, fitted with a Vauxhall 901 alarm which keeps going off every time I get in or out of the car, and even when I was driving yesterday.

How can I disconnect it?

Any help appreciated :)

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
keys, according to the manual it sets itself when I lock the car and should turn itself off when I put turn the ignition on. The alarm doesn't actually sound (so I'm thinking someone already had a go at that), but the indicators still flash really fast.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
If its operated by the key, it is set when you hold the key over into the deadlock position, so simplest answer is lock the doors but don't engage the deadlock.

These alarms were accessory fit, and could be done by either a dealer or owner of the vehicle.
The control unit should be fitted on the back of the glove box with a double sided sticky pad or you may find that it is wedged behind the dash in that area.
Look for the orange wire on the largest connector on the alarm control unit (ignition switched feed) trace it through and check the connection is sound, the Vauxhall dealers used to fit these with scotch Locks.:dead:

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
If it's supposed to set by deadlocking the car it's definitely knackered cos I can't deadlock it lol! The drivers side lock won't lock, so I push the button down and shut the door, and unlock it on the passenger side.

Will have a look for the control box though :)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Well....there is your problem, its operated by micro switches on the door locks.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Ah right, I think I'll try to disconnect the control box until I can get someone to look at the drivers side lock then - or do you think the problem with the alarm would be stopping the car from locking too?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Well i doubt that a mechanical lock is being prevented from operating by the alarm, so in theory, fix the lock and the alarm should work, depends on the condition of the micro switches, but you should be able to check that when the door card is off.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
woohoo I found the box behind the dash and it has an on/off switch, turned it off and now the alarm doesn't go off and the drivers side lock is working too :)

Thanks for all the advice guys :)