ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i find out if i had a claim on my insurance?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Have always been insured on my dads name, i was in a crash about 2 years ago and we can't remember if he put it on his name or mine or the date (useless arent we). And as i'm going to go on my name i need to know.

DrRollo said:
Have always been insured on my dads name, i was in a crash about 2 years ago and we can't remember if he put it on his name or mine or the date (useless arent we). And as i'm going to go on my name i need to know.

just ask the insurance company ..........be clever about it though , it should also be on the policy i believe

Tangoed Works
If the car was insured in your dads name the claim will be in his name regardless of who crashed. Had a couple of incidents on my mums policy a couple years back and it was her who lost ncd and had claim against her name.

Different insurers want see claims differently though. I had an accident in my mums (I was at fault). With Sainsbury's I had no accidents on record, with Direct Line I have an at fault accident against me.

Never lie to insurance companies though, they have you by the danglies.