ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I fit braided hoses?

Clio 182
Not long had my wee 182 and feel the brakes are a bit lacklustre. Have pretty much made my mind up what I want to do - brembo HC discs and tarox for the front and braided lines all round. I've read on here though that you should never fully drain the brakes due to the ABS, how should I go about this?

Cheers

Just change them as normal, no need to cap anything just top up the res when getting a bit low throughout the change. Oh and I presume you mean Tarox pads? If so I wouldn't bother if its just a road car, just stick with branded OE, if a track car then the usual suspects like Ferodo, Mintex racing, Carbone Lorraine, Pagid racing etc.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Just change them as normal, no need to cap anything just top up the res when getting a bit low throughout the change. Oh and I presume you mean Tarox pads? If so I wouldn't bother if its just a road car, just stick with branded OE, if a track car then the usual suspects like Ferodo, Mintex racing, Carbone Lorraine, Pagid racing etc.
To add to this, push the pedal in with a broomhandle propped against the seat.
keeping it pushed in keeps the reservoir from draining.
and please DO bleed the brakes after fitting the hoses.......(good opportunity to replace all the brake fluid btw)

Clio 182
By change them as normal do you mean just let it pour out as im swapping and bleed after? Yep meant the tarox pads, their road variant (strada) - to be honest I will probably go for them over the OE pads just to try something a bit more exotic!
@bozothenutter Was planning to get some fluid at the same time too, kam racing recommend the motul rbf600 - take it that will do the job? E2A - and how much of it will I need?

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
By change them as normal do you mean just let it pour out as im swapping and bleed after? Yep meant the tarox pads, their road variant (strada) - to be honest I will probably go for them over the OE pads just to try something a bit more exotic!
@bozothenutter Was planning to get some fluid at the same time too, kam racing recommend the motul rbf600 - take it that will do the job? E2A - and how much of it will I need?
fluid will be fine, 1L bottle is plenty

I bought something like this to make life much easier:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-VS...175614&hash=item281f603bf9:g:1eEAAOSw6WdXiScF
might aswell get stainless bleeding nipples with caps

I honestly wouldn't bother with RBF fluid as it pretty expensive and only really comes into its own at crazy temperatures on track, mine is a dedicated track car with some decent go faster bits and I've been using Euro Car Parts Pagid DOT 4 fluid and not once had an issue of fade or boiling. Its that cheap for 5L with there discount code I just change it out after every track day. If you don't fancy the ECP stuff and want something a bit more 'exotic' then I've never had an issue with ATE TYP200 but its compressibility properties aren't as good as the Pagid stuff but is slightly better temp rated (dry & wet).

Clio 182
@bozothenutter Still humming and hawing whether to get an easibleed or just rope in a pal, think I'll take your advice on the nipples though

@JB21 think i'll do that then, saves me worrying that I haven't got enough. Where do I get the discount code?