ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Do I Make My Car Not Start

Hey

i gotta take my sister to her mates later and really dont wanna go as the road she lives on is terriable. Is there anyway i can make my car not start on purpose, without causing any permanent damage, and so it doesnt look obvious when i got the bonnet open. Know its a bit of a strange one but im sure you got the answer.

Thanks

Breaking A 172 Replica
Disconnect a few spark plugs?

Disconnect the ECU (connection at the back of the engine under a cover)?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
if u look at the battery there is 2 connections on the live, if you remove one the cars electrics work but it wont turn over :D

just clicks lol

Dci 100
in what way do you mean the road is terrible? loads of scum bags hanging around or is it just a really bad surface to drive on

and why didnt you just say no??

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Could you not drop her off at the junction onto this road and let her walk the rest of the way? Either that or (pardon the expression) grow some balls and just tell her NO! lol

S2000
If you can get at it cut the cambelt - I find this does a good job of making sure it won't start. ;)

Seriously though I reckon the TDC sensor or fuel pump is the best option, though I would tend to agree that you should just tell her you won't give her a lift, lol.

mk4 golf gttdi180
unplug the coil pack it will turn then and not start or just take her and drive like a mainiac and then she wont ask again:rasp:

phase 1 172
get in the car and act like richard hammond wen he got hypnotysed! tryin 2 start the car by movin the wiper stalk

priceless!

that 'big red button' is an inertia switch, you have to give it a good tap with a spanner or other oject and the ball bearing pops up.

if you press gently on the rubber before tapping it, then after you will feel the 'switch' there

car wotn start till u press the switch back in.