ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i remove oild from my windscreen?

Mégane RS
Dont know where its come from but makes my windscreen all smeary etc, whats best to get it off with?

Vinny

Renault 5 GT Turbo
We would suggest Panel Wipe.Its what they use in the paint shops.
It is not a thinner its a degreasing agent.

The other old wives tale that we use is good old vinegar and newspaper..works like a charm.

Ffion
Gibson&Boyne Trimming

Mégane RS
i was looking at the autoglym stuff but the stuff i saw wasnt glass polish i dont think

RS 200
AG glass polish and AG Fast glass (which is a spray) are both excellent. Rate them both quite highly, used the Fast glass on the wind screen recently, wipers seem alot happier on it, as I found out last Saturday in the Staffordshire drenching !! :D

Chris

RS 200
I think it would sort of depend on the conditions. If your not going to do them very often, then the Polish would be the one to go for, my mom was impressed with the difference this made to hers after they were done with it for about the first time in a year.
If used regulary like every week or fortnight like I tend to do, then the Fast Glass will probably do the trick.
Might be better to go towards the Polish as you could also give the wipers a wipe down properly then too, as Rich says above.
Both the same price anyway I think, about a fiver.

Chris

106 GTi
To deep clean you glass you need the polish, to maintain after normal cleaning/washing the Fast Glass is quicker and easier to use. IMO you need both, the polish to deep clean once every few months, the Fast Glass to use after washing.

The fast glass won't remove the deep ingrained dirt like the polish will, no will it work as effectively to remove the oily film on the screen.

RS 200
Rich said:
To deep clean you glass you need the polish, to maintain after normal cleaning/washing the Fast Glass is quicker and easier to use. IMO you need both, the polish to deep clean once every few months, the Fast Glass to use after washing.

The fast glass won't remove the deep ingrained dirt like the polish will, no will it work as effectively to remove the oily film on the screen.

Thanks for clearing that up Rich, thats what I was trying to get across about the conditions and how often you should use the polish.

I have both of them myself, have to agree they compliment each other well and work well together. Use the Fast glass each week just to bring back the sheen after washing, Polish probably once a month to do the wipers too.

Chris

106 GTi
The polish works so well but is a pain to do weekly, but once done and maintained with the Fast Glass its all it needs. Like you say if you where to only get one I would sway to the polish though.

Mégane RS
i got the glass polish today, applied it using a cloth and followed instructions but its even more smeary now

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd give the vinegar n newspaper a try if i was you .

Then give it a coat of AG super resin polish afterwards , i do my windows with super resin after i've polished the car , always comes up a treat :)

Golf GTI PP Mk7
RainX, fabulous stuff, the water will just run off the glass. I was beltind down the dual carrigway earlier after rainX'ing. Lo and behold it began to rain, then pissed it down completely, and i never once turned the wipers on, water just ran straight off.