ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do they do it

I have always been curious about the Super 1600 making 220 hp plus, I am wondering what they did to their engines to get that much power. To apply the theory of this to a 2litre 172 wouldnt we be able to have a bit more htan 220 (if we pay more $$)

Can anyone tell me how they achieve these figures??

yeah, sure, of course we (2 litre people) can develop more, and so can the s1600 cars (cause there resticted to a single 60mm air inlet). In theory, with money not being an object, and completly redesigning the block lining, pistons and conrods, crank, piston rings, valve trains (pneumatic valves to increae RPM to avaion bounce and lift), any 2 litre engine could produce around 300BHP/ltr. But its morelikely that the 172 engine could produce no more than 200BHP/ltr. which would give it 400 odd BHP. But i will calulate the potetial power if anybody knows the inlet valve area in sq mm....anybody please!
the S1600 cars use RPM to produce power, as F1 cars do. Short stroke, large bore! But not aso short that the valves will touch the piston top. Light cranks, con rods, pistons, heavily developed heads, large valves, strong valve springs, high lift long duration cams, redesigned combustion chamber etc....its all money if you really want crazy power.

yeah and youd need an engin reuild every 500-1500 miles. if youve got that sort of cash you wouldnt be driving a clio