ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you change the central display colour?!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Taken my dash off to play about with my tweeters as one has slipped. Then stupidly decided to open up the middle display (where it used to say waht radio station you're on) and now fancying changing the colour of it!

Taken out the orange filter bit and now glows kind of green! i assume you need to get a new plastic bit but where from?!

Cheers
John

Polo + Micra
you would need to change the lamps to white leds to get any so of decent colour out of the display

beacause the little lamps are really yellow and s**t

some thick coloured card maybe to replace the filter??

Mégane RS
yeah i got a set of white LED's and a set of red ones, the card does help them spread the light much better but it also blocks the light out so its not so bright and also eliminates the spotty effect that LED's produce

Mégane RS
yeah took the orange filter out and replaced it with a piece of card. The red leds make the display nice and red lol, and the white ones makes it white/blue. yeah i have pictures of them and will post them later when i get back, i have also got a set of white ones like in the new laguna and new meganes. its easy to do and relativeley cheap mod, they look good

Mégane RS
Red LED's

CIMG3839Medium.jpg

Mégane RS
yeah the card is used to spread the light as LED's are directional so they produce a spotty effect

Clio Campus Sport
so wat would happen if u just got rid of the orange filter card and replace the bulbs with blue bulbs??

Polo + Micra
ck_dark_ said:
so wat would happen if u just got rid of the orange filter card and replace the bulbs with blue bulbs??

you get a very odd looking display as it is all transparent without the card