ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you drive your clio?

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
lol think I'm headin in the same direction as most of u on here i.e. cruise about keeping to limits etc and open it up when conditions allow etc.

I do like the new Type R but I'm keen to try another brand and I like the subtlety and simplicity of the new 197.

Turbos.
I share sentiments with what was said in the first post, and so will never modify a car that is too 'in your face.' As much as i liked my old Clio it got as much negative attention as it did positive. Hence why my 172 has a stealth exhaust!

My car will get driven hard once a day, and i often take the long route home. On motorway journeys it's slow lane all the way for me, 60mph max! I normally have a little drag race up the sliproads with whoevers there though!

172 Cup
Always let her warm up before I get that 5k kick. I tend to stick to the limits most of the time. You know when its right to have a little play, but not to often. I mean if you ragged the tits of it all the time you'd lose interest.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Well I drive my car quite quickly yet cautiously after an unfortunate couple of years. Keep my speed below the limit but use better observation to be quicker and more efficient.

Try to also be careful over what I listen to in the car. Makes me drive better. :)

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
WOULD DEFINATELY AGREE WITH THAT LAST COMMENT ABOUT MUSIC - caps! u often don't realise how the music you listen to can impact on your driving - if I have dance music on I'm often driving faster whereas James Blunt makes me drive slower lol (with tears in my eyes) lol

Monaco 172 2/468
Lol yeah the music thing is funny, I was going to make a cd called "Drive like a tit cd"..... probably a bad idea though lol

Black 182 f&f
I drive mine fine most of the time but ifs its a nice day an the there is a good song on i tend to stick the foot down but the 5 kick just makes me wanna drive faster i stick to the limt most of the times unless some p***k want to race me in his 1.2corsa etc sometime you just need to show whos the daddy :D

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
The work run is Dual/motorway so the cruz is set to 65 to save fuel (37+mpg), no need to go any faster as it wont get me anywhere...

Wknds are a different story... Hello B-roads! (25-mpg) She gets a good clear out LOL

A red missile
I drive at 30 in urban areas, as much as i hate kids i dont want to run one over, besides getting the blood out of that grill would be a b**ch, if im heading into work early and its quiet i might hoof it a bit but nothing makes my Trophy go faster than some tit in a Corsa/Saxo with its windows down and techno earache pouring out of it.

This all goes out of the window if im in a bad mood, then i drive like Vanessa Feltz is behind me and wants a shag.

RenaultSport clio 18
:D
cruise , race ,cruise ...................drive like a granny when the kids are in the car :eek:[/quote]

Spot on.

Cause I'm Old Bill (I know I know) and drive a striped up Cup that is parked outside the nick, it has become well known within the criminal fraternity. To combat this I have bought a 1995 Pug 106 with an entire litre of engine to travel to work in. The downside is that my lead foot takes it out on the Clio after work and is driven hard without fail when the conditions allow.Always puts a smile on my face.

Last edited:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I give it a good 'clear out' at least once a day, especially now the weather is here. I will never drive rapidly in built up/pedestrian areas as the chance of causing personal injury/getting caught is not worth the 5 sec's gained per trip.

As for cars I get trying it on, they normally have 4/5 doors and are not owned by the driver ie. rep wagons. Anything from a Skoda Octavia through to a 330D. It's still fun upsetting them though.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
len_beach said:
I will never drive rapidly in built up/pedestrian areas as the chance of causing personal injury/getting caught is not worth the 5 sec's gained per trip.

Don't worry about injuring other people or anything:eek:

A Beautiful R32
MTM said:
James Blunt makes me drive slower lol (with tears in my eyes) lol

james blunt just makes me want to kill people... lol

Prog house makes me more alert definately, but usually I like more chilled out stuff. Magic fm is awesome for a relaxing drive (but not with the windows open :eek: )...

I gotta say I'm very well behaved in my clio, because I could be very naughty... Sometimes I can just feel myself twitching to go. Like this morning I was doing 40 in a 40 on my way to work, but there was a queue of crap cars behind me trying to go faster, so instead of going the short way I chipped off through the country lanes because i knew I could do the NSL and put a smile on my face (plus i knew it'd be a quiet road)...

I don't break 20, 30, 40 or 50 limits. And I never do stupid speed. I'm really gonna have to take the 182 to a track day though so I can have a 'proper' blast in a safe environment.

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1
Drive it hard most of the time. Often take the A-roads rather than motorways as they are more fun to drive. :)

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
I've turned over a new leaf guys lol and you know what? I'm a lot more relaxed at the wheel as a result. I'm keeping to the limits 80% of the time, I'm more considerate towards other drivers and I'm letting the numptys pass withough bothering with them and the result?.....I feel more stress free at the wheel, I'm more relaxed and dare I say it...I'm starting to enjoy my driving again - it's only been a couple of days and I have been getting more tailgaiters (I would've been going too fast previously to have tailgaiters!!). All in all I'm happier - long may it continue!!

still have the wee blast on a quiet road however lol

MTM

artic blue 182 Cup
MTM said:
I've turned over a new leaf guys lol and you know what? I'm a lot more relaxed at the wheel as a result. I'm keeping to the limits 80% of the time, I'm more considerate towards other drivers and I'm letting the numptys pass withough bothering with them and the result?.....I feel more stress free at the wheel, I'm more relaxed and dare I say it...I'm starting to enjoy my driving again - it's only been a couple of days and I have been getting more tailgaiters (I would've been going too fast previously to have tailgaiters!!). All in all I'm happier - long may it continue!!

still have the wee blast on a quiet road however lol

MTM

it will pass...:rolleyes:

believe me, I know...;) ... in a couple of months you'll be back being the tailgater... anyway, enjoy while it lasts... specially for your wallet!:cool:

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
lol it takes about £40ish to fill up the sport - I remember £35 would do it - bloody petrol prices! I tend to average 30mpg in the 1.6 so it'll be interesting to see what I'm getting with my new driving style lol

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I tkae it easy and chill when warming up then if alls cool I'll give it some.
Then sometimes I really give it some - it's great :D

330Ci M Sport
ol it takes about £40ish to fill up the sport - I remember £35 would do it - bloody petrol prices! I tend to average 30mpg in the 1.6 so it'll be interesting to see what I'm getting with my new driving style lol

takes £40 to fill up my 1.2!

ClioSport 182
Got a 182...

Motorway driving I usually keep it at around 140 kph or below, unless someone is pushing me in a decent car and I know there are no cameras. Then the rev-limiter in 5th is the limit. For example, wouldn't bother with a Nova, but a 3.0 L VW Toureg "my-sport-4x4-is-the-best" would be interesting.

B-Road driving I usually give it death. This is what makes me happy to own the 182.

Town driving. Relaxed. No burn-off's at the lights.

KnightAzul