ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you remove front bumper?

www.renparts.co.uk
I need to remove my front bumper on my 172..

Plse help

remove front arch liner sections.... (6 screws in total) torx ones...
and the plugs that you need to shimmy out that hold it to the wheelarch

remove bolt on each side top bracket of bumper

remove 2 bolts holding undertray to subframe

then pull the bumper away from the wings (will click out)

and pull forwards... i then get somone to hold it to disconnect light washers and foglights before pulling it away completely.

Renault Clio Dci
Remove black plastic screws from uppergrille

Go under the car and there should be 2 bolts.

Then to your front arches, remove the screws (one at bottom of bumper, and one in the middle of wheel arch)

Behind them, are 2 bolts remove these, and other side same, and it should pull off.

Bovie.

www.renparts.co.uk
ah yes forgot about the grill ones... be careful with the little plastic clip/rivet things... theyre a pain to get out without breaking.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
I was just gonna ask this need to replace my washer jet.

So do you need to take the the arch liners out then?

also i presume the lights need removing?

Thanks

Shhh
No..

Best bet is to jack the car up and put it on axel stands, this gives you enough room to get underneath and access to the wheels.

Go behind the front wheels and pull the arch liner away from the metal bar thing, it just clips on (both sides).

Undo the 2 bolts from the metal undertray thing under the car.

Next undo the 2 small torx screws on the left and right bumper in the wheel arch, near the top of the bumper..

next, undo the 2 bolts on the top of the grill.

next pull the side of the bumpers out, they should clip free.. then remove the bumper disconnecting the fog light, washers..

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
No..

Best bet is to jack the car up and put it on axel stands, this gives you enough room to get underneath and access to the wheels.

Go behind the front wheels and pull the arch liner away from the metal bar thing, it just clips on (both sides).

Next undo the 2 small torx screws on the left and right bumper in the wheel arch, near the top of the bumper..

next pull the side of the bumpers out, they should clip free.. then remove the bumper disconnecting the fog light, washers..

Great thanks alot

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
No..

Im gonna attempt this tommorow.....The 2 bolts on the under tray do these run along the the edge of the bumper where the splitter attaches or do you mean the 2 bigish bolts set back under the car?

Thanks

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Also is this the only blot that needs removing in the arch itself

bump.jpg

Thanks