ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How does your Cup sound at full revs

Just curious really, I dont think its a prob, but mine makes a bit of a screachy noise when it gets up to around 7kRPM, not like its about to blow or anything, but a wierd engine noise.

Its fine up to this point, and only becomes apparent when really pushing on and reaching the upper limits, but is a little worrying, as dont wanbt to be doing it damage.

Difficult to describe the exact noise, but its a definite change in engine tone, and is kind of screachy, anything to be worried about???

its not the best balanced engine, they could of done much better. So it does sound a bit tense up there yea.

LY R27

I will let the technical guys/girls sort the power gains out, sorry but the r-sport chip lets the cup rev to just under 8K ;)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by CooperS-Boy on 08 August 2003

What power does the R-Sport chip put the Cup up to? Revs to 8K!!

It might push a little more BHP but the torque drops off around 6750rpm anyway.

one of the real benefits is that you might not have to shift mid corner whe you least want to.......

Oi, enough of this thread jacking with R-Sport chips and things!! ;)

It really doesnt sound like air whistle, more mechanical, although it would be rare to rev that high anyway.

Anyone else noticed it? if a few people could try take their Cups out tonight and take them to 8kRPM, then you can let me know :) cheers.

Coule it be the engine PINKIN...... i think mine does the same. I got the missus to raw past me on foot and it definatley sounds dodgy.....

Any ideas and is it damaging the engine?