ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How easy to fit a 3.0 v6

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

As above really im thinking of buying one and if some one will do it and it can be done i will have one in v soon thats all it need now.

Erm, its possible given the dosh. But the chassis etc just would not cope. Theres a reason why the Clio V6 is about two feet wider lol!!

If youve spent £25k, then you might as well look into a second hand V6. And if you have to modify it, at least it would be a better starting point.

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

the body is a good bit wider now ive had the kit on it but the chassis isnt its on coilovers, more ideas ?

um, he means inside the car, a kit that makes the arches wider aint going to help in teh least.

DO you want it in teh front or back?

Totally possible, for the engineeringly experienced, not a first timers task.

If you can find a way, ill applaud you a whole lot, but as with msot people who say they are doing this and that, conversions, turbos etc....they never get past thinking about it.

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

front not back just want people to stop laughing when they hear its a 1.2 16v but looks better than a v6 !

I think I might put a F22 engine in my Valver. Do I need to uprate the suspension and braking or will I be ok as standard? I have £87968585 to spend. ;)

Lionel Richie

Drugs by the sound of it!!!!! LOL!!! HILLY, whatever youre on, can you get me some???;)

Like above, if you find a way of doing it, then fair play, but itll handle like the titanic, imagine all that weight up front!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 18 May 2003

it will handle like a nova with 2 litre lump up front lol
on the same note, it will handle like a nova with a 1.0 engine in it

If you do decide to go ahead try to get the weight of the engine as far back in the bay as you can, it will make it a bit more forgiving inthe corners, if you put it too far forward itl behave like a capri,

what, you mean handle really really well?

considering that when they came out they won the Super saloon touring car championchips?

:p

iv nothing against them iv had a 3.0mk1 a 2.0 mk1 and a 2.0mk3 but they are tail happy in that situation but with the right work they handle well,

Better than understeer.

You had a MK1 3000GT!!!!! excellent choice my friend!

You see the 3000GT in Classic Ford, pure sex......

this months issue ? i havnt seen it yet but i do like my capris when i brought my turbo i was very tempted by a mk3 2.8 turbo technics apparently thy out accelerate a 911 but the miss would have killed me again

lol....yea, but an old 911 and wouldnt handle as good.

Still, you have to work to get the chassis to work well, but its a lovely car.

Its an Aussie Van De rydt car......yum!

oh that explains my problem now ignore my topic i started what i really need isnt a new engine its a new light bulb so any ideas on what light bulb to put in my car