ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how easy to get dealer to sell a pre reg?

my 182 i blagged as a pre reg, ordered in for me but saved me £3k off list price, is it easy to get dealers to agree to pre-reg?

is quite difficult to get one ordered to your own specifications, e.g. you order a 182 full fat in silver, with cup packs, etc. you want a certain option but dont want the other, etc. and then somehow manage to get a dealer to agree to pre reg it, very difficult.

I work for a Citroen/Fiat dealership (arnold clark) and usually all the pre reg cars are ordered in by general manager or sales manager, not usually chosen by customer, and its usually common cars, run of the mill spec and bottom of the range.

favourites are for example Grande Punto 1.2 8v Actives, and old shape Picasso 1.6 Desires. usually with only standard spec, no options and in the usual silver, blue, red and black colours.

for a renault dealership the pre regs would be like Clio 3 Extremes, Megane 1.4 Freeways and so on.

things like 182s, 197s, Megane 225s would be difficult to order an then prereg

cup 182 mit stripes
I remember seeing pre reg 182's in the 3 months or so up to the end of their production and after, with £10,995 stickers on their windscreens. That was in Arnold's in Dumbarton. A few punters got good bargains.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I remember seeing pre reg 182's in the 3 months or so up to the end of their production and after, with £10,995 stickers on their windscreens. That was in Arnold's in Dumbarton. A few punters got good bargains.

lol I bought my 182 at Arnies in dumbarton pre reg.....and the sticker was £10,995. Did you see the inferno in the show room? :evil:

When I was buying mine Arnold Clark had millions of pre reg 182s, it was a case of take your pick. I phoned up one branch looking for a black-gold, and the chap said he had 27 pre reg cars on their system all with delivery mileage, nevermind the other colours!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
lol sometimes dealers get assigned a number of preregs to make thier figures look better than they are,
we had 507 ones at pug in one month all had to be registered and taxed evern thoigh they were sat in a compound in france

R27 Alibi Blue N0 411
I know a sales manager at VXL and when I was looking at changing an Astra GSI he was willikng to spec there pre-reg to my requirements.

I think if you get in there before they order there pre's and they can quarantee a sale of it after they will play ball.

Was in the VXL dealers the other week and they offered me there new Corsa VXR £13k with the bigger wheels and it hadnt even been PDI'd yet.

thanks for the replies. my 182 was ordered in for me with options colour as i ordered, took 12 weeks to arrive, registered day before i got it and got papers straight away so dealer looks like was owner for 1 day, saved me £3k from list price but have to say did strike it lucky as it was sales manager i was dealing with

RB 182
I work for Ford, and we've got about 10 Focus STs, 10 Mondeo STs and 10 Fiesta STs on pre reg, all for bargain prices. Its usually only the ST ones we pre reg, dont know why! None of them have options, but the Focuses vary in trim ie. ST2 and ST3

I work for Ford, and we've got about 10 Focus STs, 10 Mondeo STs and 10 Fiesta STs on pre reg, all for bargain prices. Its usually only the ST ones we pre reg, dont know why! None of them have options, but the Focuses vary in trim ie. ST2 and ST3

what sort of savings are made with the pre-reg on the focus st?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
maybe im stupid (ive never brought a brand new car before), but i dont get entirely what this pre-reg busniess is?

presumably ur ordering a car that has left the factory, but has no paperwork etc yet??? why is this cheaper?

could sum1 explain...

*dumb face*

The theory is that the dealership can buy cars from Renault and register them. This bumps their sales figures up as technically the cars are "sold". Salesmen will tell you that this will allow them to get their bonuses from Renault etc.

However I spoke to a guy who has worked for AC for 20 years. He said it's nothing to do with this at all. In fact, it's just a way to enable them to sell new cars to people who can't afford a proper new car and then still be able to sell "new" new cars to other people at full price.

P

PrincessJessica

near the end of the month/quater when the dealers havent sold enough.

and usually to hit a target they need to register a certain amount of cars to qualify.

we do it alot and sell em off stupid cheap. compared to retail