ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How fun is a 182 as a daily?

RustyMojo

ClioSport Club Member
I seem to remember back when we were selling them new. The seats actually looking pretty good. So many folk wouldn’t have seen the need for the upgrade. This was at a time when the Citroen Saxo had recently been the big selling hot hatch

Fiesta ST
Steering wheel is fine, I quite like it and will be getting mine recovered by royal wheels. Some people like to fit a smaller wheel but I've not felt the need for road or occasional track use.

Seats are fine tbh, just feel very high - After a few weeks I stopped noticing or caring, they are supportive enough and unless you tall they are a non issue - you can lower them a tad or fit alternative seats if it really bugs you or you use on track a lot.

I think tbh you just need to take the plunge and either borrow or buy one - they are cheap enough that if you don't like it after a few weeks you could sell on without losing money.

They are weirdly sure footed for such a little car, so if you drive one in standard trim which feels a bit twitchy then the suspension needs looking at.
Yeah I'm not tall, I've sat in them before and there's no fitment issue, just a strange position, feels like you are driving a van, reminds me of my old fiat panda.

It wouldnt even get close to my short list as a daily driver these days, but as a track car I love it. Being NA you need to keep it above 5K to have any chance of having fun in it which isnt really possible on the daily drive, I would personally much rather have something with a turbo for the ease of just having the power there when I needed it without having to drive it like a stole it.
Thanks. Yeah a turbo would be preferable. But at the sub-£3k range there is not too much that has any appeal to me, really.

Only 29 petrol blue cars! That's crazy, petrol blue is such a good colour.

How many different colours were there? How many different blues.. ?

E.g. the blues here look like different colours to me. I see a few that are bright blue and a few which are a normal blue. Is it just paint fading / lighting, or were these different colours from factory?

The bright blue ones sometimes have a stripe over them.

1613061789071.png

1613061830455.png

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah I'm not tall, I've sat in them before and there's no fitment issue, just a strange position, feels like you are driving a van, reminds me of my old fiat panda.

Thanks. Yeah a turbo would be preferable. But at the sub-£3k range there is not too much that has any appeal to me, really.

How many different colours were there? How many different blues.. ?

E.g. the blues here look like different colours to me. I see a few that are bright blue and a few which are a normal blue. Is it just paint fading / lighting, or were these different colours from factory?

The bright blue ones sometimes have a stripe over them.

View attachment 1521005

View attachment 1521006
There are 3 blues. The 2 above, Racing blue and Artic blue and the very rare Petrol blue

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Petrol Blue would be registered as green though. In French it's Vert Orion I believe, green as well!