ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How fun is a 182 as a daily?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I seem to remember back when we were selling them new. The seats actually looking pretty good. So many folk wouldn’t have seen the need for the upgrade. This was at a time when the Citroen Saxo had recently been the big selling hot hatch

Steering wheel is fine, I quite like it and will be getting mine recovered by royal wheels. Some people like to fit a smaller wheel but I've not felt the need for road or occasional track use.

Seats are fine tbh, just feel very high - After a few weeks I stopped noticing or caring, they are supportive enough and unless you tall they are a non issue - you can lower them a tad or fit alternative seats if it really bugs you or you use on track a lot.

I think tbh you just need to take the plunge and either borrow or buy one - they are cheap enough that if you don't like it after a few weeks you could sell on without losing money.

They are weirdly sure footed for such a little car, so if you drive one in standard trim which feels a bit twitchy then the suspension needs looking at.
Yeah I'm not tall, I've sat in them before and there's no fitment issue, just a strange position, feels like you are driving a van, reminds me of my old fiat panda.

It wouldnt even get close to my short list as a daily driver these days, but as a track car I love it. Being NA you need to keep it above 5K to have any chance of having fun in it which isnt really possible on the daily drive, I would personally much rather have something with a turbo for the ease of just having the power there when I needed it without having to drive it like a stole it.
Thanks. Yeah a turbo would be preferable. But at the sub-£3k range there is not too much that has any appeal to me, really.

Only 29 petrol blue cars! That's crazy, petrol blue is such a good colour.

How many different colours were there? How many different blues.. ?

E.g. the blues here look like different colours to me. I see a few that are bright blue and a few which are a normal blue. Is it just paint fading / lighting, or were these different colours from factory?

The bright blue ones sometimes have a stripe over them.

1613061789071.png

1613061830455.png

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah I'm not tall, I've sat in them before and there's no fitment issue, just a strange position, feels like you are driving a van, reminds me of my old fiat panda.

Thanks. Yeah a turbo would be preferable. But at the sub-£3k range there is not too much that has any appeal to me, really.

How many different colours were there? How many different blues.. ?

E.g. the blues here look like different colours to me. I see a few that are bright blue and a few which are a normal blue. Is it just paint fading / lighting, or were these different colours from factory?

The bright blue ones sometimes have a stripe over them.

View attachment 1521005

View attachment 1521006
There are 3 blues. The 2 above, Racing blue and Artic blue and the very rare Petrol blue

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Petrol Blue would be registered as green though. In French it's Vert Orion I believe, green as well!