ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How heavy is your power steering

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Mine was quite heavy before I had the system bled, now it is very light, in fact it feels too light.

Im running 17s on mine, so I would have thought that I would be fairly heavy still.

Would having the system bled lighten the steering or has something else gone wrong with it?

James

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Id say my power steering was quite heavy, I drove my g/f dads car the other day (Rover 25) and the power steering was so light, you couldnt feel anything at all, way too light.

Did you replace the power steering fluid at the same time then?

Its quite light on mine, considering its on 215 section rubber. Its still a lot heavier than most p/s cars though...

But do you think its a good idea to get rid of p/s?

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

No, the fluid wasnt replaced at the same time. The thing that concerns me, I dont want the steering too light, this may be alright around town, but what is it going to be like at speed.

I personally wouldnt replace the power steering. My old 5 Turbo didnt have any power steering (like all of the others) and considering it had a narrower track, was lighter and had smaller tyres (195 vs 205) than my 16v, it was very heavy at low speed and when parking. Saying that it was perfectly balance at speed.

James

im running on 16s and its v light. i can turn using minimal force wid my palm. then i get in my mates clio widout powersteering and laugh

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well for the new clios the 1.2 seems very light.. way to light IMO the 172 mk2 feel much heaveir.. if you could imagine the 1.2 without power steering that is what the 172 is like while driving.. except when your parked its heavy but not really hard to turn .. if that makes sense.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

The 16v has part power assisted steering not full. The faster the car goes the harder the steering gets.

This is as far as im aware.